can anyone recommend a baby carrier for 6+ months?

sazzyb1985

Reaction score
After having a bad back for 6 months, i've decided to finally get a carrier lol can anyone suggest one please?x

To be honest hun, there are quite a few!

If you've had back problems I would highly receommend a Moby Wrap carrier...I loved mine! The only thing is, if you have a heavy baby they can 'slouch' a bit after a bit of time after carrying your baby.

A lot of girls rate Mei Tai carriers, like a BabyHawk which can be used up to a toddler/pre school age, depending on babies weight. I have just bought one and love it so far!

BUT...the Moby was more comfy, especially if you have to be careful with your back (IMO) - the babas weight is so evenly distributed I found.

I think it's just trial and error tbh but would defo rate a Moby! Only just got my BH so can't really comment properly yet xxxx

I love my babyhawk mei tai! I totally rate it for bigger babies. The moby didnt work for me when my LO got bigger because shes a fidget and I couldnt get it tight enough. Other than that I imagine a woven wrap would be good. I havent tried one because I am banned for buying anymore carriers!

Baby hawk would be great...we still use ours and Hayden is 23mo

I would go with a woven wrap (little more supportive and less stretchy then the moby) or a Mai Tai. These would give you and your LO good support going into the long term.

I would go with a woven wrap (little more supportive and less stretchy then the moby) or a Mai Tai. These would give you and your LO good support going into the long term.

I agree although a sretchy might be comfy to start with once your lo gets older and heavier it wont be as comfy where as a woven wrap will work from birth to toddlerhood :)
Meitais also are great for older babies and are alot easier to get the hang of than a wrap for some people, id highly recommend a simplymeitai or daisychain which can be found easily enough through google.
The lady at simply mei tai especially is amazing and will make the carrier in the material and pattern of your choice and with any type of hood you please. Theyre uuber padded and amazingly comfortable !!

Good luck :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->