Can anyone recommend a pregnancy exercise DVD?

stardust22

3rd Tri after 4 mc's
Reaction score
Hi There,

I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant (after 2 mc's) and have totally stopped my much loved swimming and exercise because I am rather scared to do anything but once I get to 12 weeks I would like to go back to the gym or work out from home.

Can anyone recommend a dvd that has a medium to high level. I like to work up a bit of a sweat!!

thank you
x

Hi There,

I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant (after 2 mc's) and have totally stopped my much loved swimming and exercise because I am rather scared to do anything but once I get to 12 weeks I would like to go back to the gym or work out from home.

Can anyone recommend a dvd that has a medium to high level. I like to work up a bit of a sweat!!thank you
x

hun, I'd have a word with your midwife about exercise

Yes, exercise is good but .....................working too hard, getting too hot, dehydrated and too high heart rate can be dangerous to your baby and can even trigger miscarriage. I am sorry to hear about your 2 mc's so even more reason to be careful.

swimming, walking, ante natal yoga etc are all perfect without putting yourself or your baby at risk.

Also as you progress in your pregnanct, hormones make your joints and ligaments weaker so heavy exericse is not advised as it can cause injuries.

hth
lots of luck
x

Hi stardust!
I am looking for the same sort of advice as you... midwife did advise swimming and walking so that you got your heart pumping and a bit of a sweat on. i am looking for antenatal classes in my area too!! Want a healthy and happy pregnancy (and dont want to put on too much weight) lol :) xx

I used Lindsay Brin's prenatal DVD. It comes in 1,2,3rd trimester. It's basic, I stopped after 2x because it was too easy for me (I'm a weightlifter by hobby) but for the average woman it is pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->