• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can anyone recommend me good curling wand/tongs?

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
I dont wanna pay anymore than £40 unless its spectacular. Theres these two in Argos:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...9|Hair+curlers+and+curling+tongs|23719045.htm

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...9|Hair+curlers+and+curling+tongs|23719045.htm

which ones do you use? thanks in advance xx

ive had both hun and they are awful they are sooo difficult to use and take absolutely agggges!!! all my friends who have them including me have just thrown them in the back of the drawer they are that hard work! the best thing ive ever bought for my hair is the babyliss thermo rollers they are brilliant i use them all the time u can get tight curls or just really big hair with them and they are so easy to use as u dont have to be so precise think they are £39.99, argos and boots sell them, hope this helps! :)

ive had both hun and they are awful they are sooo difficult to use and take absolutely agggges!!! all my friends who have them including me have just thrown them in the back of the drawer they are that hard work! the best thing ive ever bought for my hair is the babyliss thermo rollers they are brilliant i use them all the time u can get tight curls or just really big hair with them and they are so easy to use as u dont have to be so precise think they are £39.99, argos and boots sell them, hope this helps! :)

thank you sooooo much hun. I had a look on ebay after posting this thread and noticed at just how many of the above are for sale at as little as 99p. From that I got the feeling that they must be useless. I will defo be buying the babyliss thermo rollers on monday :thumbup: :flower:

oooOOOO they are only £30.63 in boots atm. Is it these hun:

https://www.boots.com/en/BaByliss-Thermo-Ceramic-Hair-Rollers_20173/

ooo yes its these!! i paid £40 for them and they were out of stock everywhere b4 xmas, its funny all my friends have got them and when we go out we all sit with them in before we leave all the reviews were fab when i got them and they are great there is lots of videos on u tube aswell showing you the different styles u can get, what i would say is try leave them in as long as possible using the hottest setting, use hairspray and keep practising because there is sooo many different ways u can roll them to get different styles eg away from ur face,into your face, half way up your hair so just the ends are curled, i also like to use them and then brush my hair through,use some serum and then i have just lovely waves!! ! and lastly it says they are ready to use when the little light goes white, i found if you give them another 15 mins or so they are hotter so you get even better results! hope u have fun with them, let me know what u think! x

thanks so much for your help. I can't wait to get them and try them out. Hopefully I will have had enough practice for saturday for my night out. How long do you think the curls will last? I am planning on using them on sat morning in hope that the curls last all the way to the evening as its an all day out first and then off to a hotel, then out drinking? I suppose it depends on how much hairspray I use I assume? thanks again hun :thumbup:

Hello hun, just updating you. I bought the curlers that you recommended and they are great. Although the curls did drop out quite quickly, they still gave a nice wave effect. I suppose next time Ill just have to use more styling producs :) thanks again xxxx

thanks for the update glad u thought they were worthwhile they do drop out quick but i think anything you use will, especially if you have longer hair i use a load of hairspray but i dont mind too much as i think when they have dropped that looks nice too, more of a wavy look! :)

i bought a cheap babyliss tong in an emergency.. and it's amazing.. and i can curl my hair really quickly with it!
it must have cost about £11 tops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"