• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

can anyone relate? help!

krazypnut

Reaction score
Hi all... not sure what to say... it's a looong story! I'm just learning some of the acronyms here, so bare with me :)
I was on the pill for almost 15 years straight and last summer I stopped (in july), and didn't get a period until end of november. Then never again!

I started on prometrium for 10 days in beginning of may and on the 10th day AF finally showed up!

been charting my temperature for months, but it seems that on weekends when I wake up later I get a much higher temp. Was off on holidays last week and had 9 days of high temps, but back to work monday went back to a lower temp. All this to say that my temperatures are not a reliable way to pinpoint OD (unless I set my alarm for 5am on mydays off!).

Over the last 3 or 4 days I've been having symptoms... but I don't know if it's just AF on its way again or not. The thing is, none of these symptoms are normal PMS for me... but then again I've only had one since being off the pill, so wondering if it's that drastically different??

this weeks symptoms include: pinching in tummy, earache, headache, bloated, feeling super full but hungry at the same time... can't really explain better!

I would say that I pee often and have a runny nose and am exhausted, but all 3 of these are VERY normal for me on a regular basis...

Assuming that prometrium set me on the right track to have regular periods, I would be due to start on friday... 3 more days... HOWEVER way back whn I started on the pill, I had very irregular periods, so now off again, and nothing concrete to base it on, I have no idea how regular I'll be?? was every 28 days liek clockwork while on the pill though...

Wow, sorry, I know this is loaded, but I sure wish someone out there could relate :)

hopeful that AF doesn't show up (but for the right reason this time!!)

Welcome to the forum :). It sounds like you really are in limbo at the moment! I can't offer any advice but I bet you'd find lots of ladies with similar stories (and lots of support!) in the TTC sections. I hope you get your BFP soon! :)

Hi and welcome! I hope everything gets straightened out, my cycles have always been crazy, so I feel your pain! Good luck and lots of dust your way :flower:

Welcome to BabyandBump :wave:

Thanks for all the welcomes! :flower:

So I'm now 5 days late, and didn't test yet. I wanted to be good and sure that I didn't test too early!
Gonna take a test tomorrow a.m... (this first morning pee thing sucks!)
wish me luck!
I don't want to get my hopes up, cause May was the first AF I've had since last year, and not too sure when to have expected OD to be. So, assuming it's somewhere around the 14 day mark... I should be good to test, right?
This is brutal! lol
Hoping for my very first BFP ever!

BFN :(
but I'm 5 days late with millions of symptoms. I waited for the 5th morning after AF was due to test...
Is it possible for the test to be wrong, or not registering 4 or 5 days after expected period? Does it make a difference which hpt you use?
I've had symptoms, that could, I suppose be AF related... but had some for more than a week now, which is very unusual. don't usually have any at all, or a couple of days before at most??
should I wait longer? This sucks!

Also, does anyone know the quickest way to see if there were any responses to my posts, without having to go and search through everything? Still trying to adjust to this site!

Thanks all :)

Sorry to hear that! Make sure you're using a pink dye test (like an FRER) and not blue dye, they're known to give inaccurate results. You could always call your doctor and get a blood test done, just to be sure. If it comes back negative your doctor may then want to investigate further why AF has not shown up by now.

Oh the best way to check your threads/threads you've commented on is by going into your User Control Panel (up in the top right corner the button that says User CP) It'll list all the threads that have been updated since you last checked them.

Best of luck, I hope it all gets straightened out!

yeah, I think I'll call the doc...

ahhh... that's what user cp is!! this is very helpful - thanks :)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"