• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can anyone tell me about freezing/using frozen sperm?

LankyDoodle

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I did a post earlier today and that will explain my situation. Basically, after about february, we will no longer be in a position to conceive a baby through natural methods due to my husband's medication. It may be in the future that he will be able to take a different drug, but by then we may be too old!!

So we've been looking at freezing sperm. I am really confused. We already have one daughter and neither of us has fertility problems (that we know of), so would we be unlikely to qualify for NHS funding to freeze his sperm? How does it work? I've looked and it seems the rough cost of sperm freezing and first year's storage is about £300-500 depending on the clinic - what does storage cost after that? And I presume that is the cost for each sample, not for a batch? What about when we are ready to use the sperm - I know we could opt to pay £500-1000 a time for IUI, but is it possible to use frozen sperm and DIY? I know someone who was a surrogate using sperm like this, but I am wondering if it's recommended?

It probably has a slim chance of working, and given the fact it costs £450 just for one sample for one year, I'm thinking possibly out of our price range too, but we are looking at all our options and any info would be appreciated.

We don't want to use donor sperm. We will look into adoption if we can't find any way to have another.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"