Can anyone use clomid?

han17

Reaction score
Hi,
I am fairly new to this and I hope you all don't mind me asking but can anyone use clomid?
I brought some internet cheapies ovulation tests and I'm not sure whether I ovulated last month... We have been trying for 13 months we have both been tested and are fine - is clomid our next option?

I hope someone can help me

Xxx

It would just depend on what tests you have had done. Generally, you will need to have CD3 and CD21 blood tests done, an ultrasound to check for follicles, followed by a HSG to see if your tubes are open. They will also have hubby do a SA. If all those things check out, your regular OBGYN may prescribe it or may refer you to a fertility doctor to prescribe it for you.

Thank u for responding.... I had hormonal levels tested at 21 days and when I was on my period -is that what u are referring too? The teas came back better than average and hubby has has SA and come back normal.

I think I ought to go back to the GP for a chat to see what's next for us!!:(

Xxxx

If your cd21 blood test was fine then you don't need clomid. I was prescribed clomid at my cd21 blood test showed my progesterone was less than 1 so I didn't ovulate and the clomid makes u ovulate if you don't normally

Also the surge to show ovulation can last just a few hours so u need to use opks at least 2-3x a day or u may have missed it!

Maybe you should start temping, it will tell you if you ovulate or not. May of us use this every day, it helps a lot!

If you click on my ovulation chart below it will take you to fertility friend. You can sign up for a free account and it will help you monitor your cycle. Under the Education section on the left side there is all the information you need to know about charting.

Thank u ladies! I thought a surge could last between 12-24 hours, can it be less then?
I use ovulation sticks which I brought of the net... There not the clearest to use tbh!!

I produce discharge after I "think" I had ovulated... Perhaps I'm getting my ovulation wrong and I actually ovulate towards the end of my cycle. Is that a possibility??

Sorry for all my questions!!:)

Definitely start temping. Also ask about a HSG...you really need to know if your tubes are clear or not before you move on to anything else!

Ok I'll see where I can get a temperature from! Thank u!
Thanks so much for ur help ladies I really appreciate it!! Xx

Thank u ladies! I thought a surge could last between 12-24 hours, can it be less then?
I use ovulation sticks which I brought of the net... There not the clearest to use tbh!!

I produce discharge after I "think" I had ovulated... Perhaps I'm getting my ovulation wrong and I actually ovulate towards the end of my cycle. Is that a possibility??

Sorry for all my questions!!:)

No the surge happens 12-24 hours before u ovulate, but the surge itself can last just a couple of hours

Definitely start temping. Also ask about a HSG...you really need to know if your tubes are clear or not before you move on to anything else!

My doctor put me on clomid without doing the HSG. And in fact says he prefers to give the clomid four or five cycles before doing the HSG. I think every doctor is different. All I did was a 21 day blood tests, which confirmed I wasn't ovulating and he prescribed the clomid then.

I was exactly the same as Molly ^^
He said clomid works for like 80% of women and he'd rather try that for a few months before doing invasive and costly medical procedures

2 failed clom cycles here :(

HSG pending

Awaiting IVF.

My doctor put me on clomid without doing the HSG. And in fact says he prefers to give the clomid four or five cycles before doing the HSG. I think every doctor is different. All I did was a 21 day blood tests, which confirmed I wasn't ovulating and he prescribed the clomid then.

I guess the way a lot of docs look at it is that since you shouldn't do more than 6 rounds of clomid total, they don't want to waste them all not knowing if the tubes are open or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"