can babies get head aches?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by xnmd1, Jan 27, 2011.

1. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

jarretts been drifting in and out of sleep for an hour now, he keeps waking up crying and i have to sooth him .. when he wakes up he cries, rubs his head and kicks his legs .. im wondering if it could be a head ache , or maybe something else?

ETA also his eyes are watering

2. jaybee

jaybee Mum to Tobias & Alexander

I don't know about head aches, but it could be earache... his co-ordination may not be good enough to rub at his ear!
    Does he have a temperature or is he off his milk at all?

3. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

he doesn't have much coordination for it to be off :haha: so that's a possibility .. no fever though and he's eating well

4. jaybee

jaybee Mum to Tobias & Alexander

I remember those days!

It might be worth a little trip to the dr's in the morning to put your mind at rest just to have it checked out.

Sorry I can't be more help.
    xx

5. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

hes actually just started crying worse then i ever heard before :( idk what to do

6. laura1991

laura1991 Mummy to Lily

Why not take him to a walk in? Put your mind at rest x

7. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

i'll wait and see how he is over the next hour, thats when OH gets home. if he still not seeming well ill give his doctor a call .. his doctor will see babies at any time before 10 pm any day of the week, its still only 3 here so i;ve got lots of time

8. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure babies can get head aches because when Ava got her first set of vaccines that was one of the possible side effects listed on the side effect sheet for 2 month shots we got when we left. And the sheet was specifically for babies getting their first vaccines. it says Age 8 weeks/2 months on it. It also says when they get a head ache they tend to cry in a different tone than normal and rub at their head. so it may be that. It says for a head ache give a dose of tylenol if not gone in 30 minutes.

9. xnmd1

xnmd1 mommmy of 1

thanks, hes improved but not quite his normal self. i wasn;t sure i could give him tylonal withut consulting a dr first

10. stepmummy

stepmummy Well-Known Member

Poor little monkey. I think they can because my LO loves having her little head bounced gently in the crook of my arm when she's sleepy (aw just typing that made me miss her! she's fast a-snooze) but sometimes she really resists it and I think it's because she has a headache, possibly twinned with teething.

I hope your LO feels much better soon :hug: