Can babies have nightmares?

K

KiansMummy

Occasionally LO cries in his sleep, then whimpers for a little bit and then stops. He doesnt wake up, and it doesnt last long, but for a minute or so he sounds really upset, im just wondering if it could be nightmares or???x

id like to know this too! aiden dose it! and it wakes me up haha! first time he done it a got a fright lol!

Awww!! Your LO is born a day before mine!

J has had one nightmare so far. He was literally screaming in his sleep and when we picked him up to cuddle him, he kept screaming. No idea what frightened him.

Lately, J has been whimpering in his sleep, but as we found out Friday night, his teething went on a whole new level and he now has 2 teeth poking through. He now whimpers because his teeth are bugging him.

My little girl cries out in her sleep because of gas pain once in awhile. I know it is gas pain, because usually she follows it up with a good fart. She is 9 weeks.

Babies can have night terrors, but all you really need to do if it becomes a regular thing is keep track of what time it's happening at night and go in and stroke their hand or something, it may distract them from the dream and they'll avoid it. Give them a quick cuddle if they do start whimpering or crying, they may wake up, but they'll go back down again and they won't remember.
This is according to my Birth to Five book I got anyway, so I'm just advising from that lol! Hope it helps. xx

yeh sophia gets them occasionally she has good dreams to though cause sometime she laughs in her sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->