Can baths at night give baby amonia?

Thedon

Reaction score
I was giving a bath to my little one tonight when a family friend walks in saying I will give her amonia(sorry if I Spelt it wrong) how true is this, she also said a bath in the morning should be the ONLY time she has one.
Thoughts?

I think you mean pneumonia?
not true at all really, as long as baby is kept warm you can bath anytime :)

You can put your bubs in the bath any time you like. As long as you keep baby warm, its not a problem x

Why does doing it the morning make any difference? Ellis has a bath every evening and is as fit as a fiddle!!

Thats a very strange thing to say! Why on earth would a bath in the morning be different to one at night?!?
If anything you are more likely to go out into the cold after a morning bath (and catch pneumonia) than after an evening bath when no noubt bubs will be going to bed. But as long as you make sure he/she is dry and warm there is no problem!

not true :nope: as long as you keep them warm anytime is fine!

LO has always had bath at night and is fine! What a thing to say!

Thats a very strange thing to say! Why on earth would a bath in the morning be different to one at night?!?
If anything you are more likely to go out into the cold after a morning bath (and catch pneumonia) than after an evening bath when no noubt bubs will be going to bed. But as long as you make sure he/she is dry and warm there is no problem!

Yup, that's right IMO.

I always bath my kids in the evening and they are all fine... Aslong as its nice and warm for bubs then its no problem at all x

pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs and can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites, and chemical or physical injury to the lungs. NOT baths. Colds are also caused by viruses, not actually being cold. I think most babies have their bath at night after a long day of vomiting and rubbingmuck into themselves! I know Finn does!

pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs and can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites, and chemical or physical injury to the lungs. NOT baths. Colds are also caused by viruses, not actually being cold. I think most babies have their bath at night after a long day of vomiting and rubbingmuck into themselves! I know Finn does!

That's exactly what I was going to say. Pneumonia is caused by a virus or bacteria. My mom always used to tell me I was going to get sick because I never dried my hair and would go out in the cold to school or work. Sometimes my hair would actually freeze though. Lol

Load of nonsense, I bathe my LO every night even with a cold and it has never developed into Pneumonia...

I was pretty sure it wouldn't especially when I live in a tropical climate and it's usually 28 degrees at night and it's winter. I was 99.9% sure, just wanted to be 100%

What a stupid thing to tell you.
Autumn has a bath every single night and loves it and is as healthy as an ox.

It's probably an old wives tale. Completely silly. Bath your baby when it suits you. :)

That's exactly what I was going to say. Pneumonia is caused by a virus or bacteria. My mom always used to tell me I was going to get sick because I never dried my hair and would go out in the cold to school or work. Sometimes my hair would actually freeze though. Lol

lol... my granny used to say that too ( about wet hair!) along with loads of other old wives tales... ALL RUBBISH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->