Can breastmilk give a false positive on a test? ***pic**

losingtheplot

Reaction score
I expressed onto my frer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 144
Breastmilk can contain hcg from a pregnancy so it's very possible that your test could be positive for real!
im sure there was a thread once where someone was pregnant and was going to experiment if a test could show a positive from baby urine after they'd breastfed. Not sure what the results were. But anyway, good luck with your tests! :)

I've seen false positives on them way more than it being real positives. I definitely wouldn't believe any result from using breast milk on a urine pregnancy test. During the hype last year, I used my breast milk on one when I wasn't pregnant and got similar result. I was 6months pp at the time so I definitely didn't have any leftover hcg.

I'd love to know how it comes up positive with breast milk positive or not! How bizarre...

I've heard a test can go positive with breastmilk during a pregnancy, but that it can also go positive with breastmilk when not pregnant. I believe (but really don't know) that something in breastmilk that is NOT hCG causes a reaction with the antibody strip in the urine test. I have no idea why that is.

In order for hCG to be present in milk to give that solid of a line, it would have to be present in blood in pretty high concentrations. If it's present in the blood in high concentrations, it should be present in urine too, and so you should see a BFP with urine if you are indeed pregnant.

because i am a poas freak i have done loads of tests
breast milk gives false positives don't know why but i was not pregnant and i got a positive result but also works when you are pregnant but it would show in wee first
blood on a hpt gives false positive as can some food and drinks why who knows i think blood pools around the indent because it is thicker same for breast milk i think
i did more tests but i am sure you dont want to here about all that :blush:

Wow! That's not even just maybe positive. That's crazy if you're not pregnant. Stalking!

Now which non pregnant breast feeding mama has a spare FRER lying around 😂

Wow! That's not even just maybe positive. That's crazy if you're not pregnant. Stalking!

hehe i am breastfeeding and not pregnant but no frer sorry :haha:

hehe i am breastfeeding and not pregnant but no frer sorry :haha:

I didn't think anyone would 🙈 is the such thing as a spare FRER? 😂 you need at least 8 tests to confirm you're pregnant.

Too true, hanni! Spare frer, as if!

Never knew breastmilk could give a false positive... Erm, you learn something new every day!

I have heard it being accurate and not. So after reading your post, for fun, i did one too :)
https://i67.tinypic.com/2q03asi.jpg

I could be pregnant but i don't know yet

So this thread made me incredibly curious, so I tried it on a leftover FRER... and it was a stark negative. So you might actually be pregnant!

ETA I came back and looked at it a few minutes later and it was definitely positive. Given that I'm on my period right now and 100% sure I'm not pregnant... this method can definitely give false positives!

I am compelled to believe the OP got a bfn... Everybody almost always update when it's a bfp. I could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"