can contractions change?

gbromley2007

Reaction score
My contractions seem to have changed before it was really hurting at peak with hardly any backache, now i have more pressure with a contraction and achey back, could i be close to established labour?

my baby girl doesnt want to see mommy and daddy. im 3 cm dilated and not much left of my plug left but having contractions every night within 5-10 minutes, keep calling hospital but keep sending me home:-( but they are keeping an eye on me. crazy! i wanna see her darn it!

I personally get diff pains when i have bhs so its possible. When he was back to back i would feel the pain there and in my abdomin, now its all around the top of my bump, makes it hard to breathe!

Thats just bhs though so im not sure about full blown ones. Hope she turns up soon x

If your 3cm's dialated i'd say you was in slow labour, how long has that been going on for hun? xxx

If youve been like this for a while i would go back to the hospital i was like this with my first baby after a week of pain that was going nowhere they broke my waters to get me going was 3cm for a week before that .

Ive been 3 cm since the other day, they kept telling me to call 'if your contractions are 5 minutes are less and lasting such and such and if you cant deal with the pain, well i did both, first time i went to labour ward i was having contractions every 4-5 minutes lasting 50 sec to a minute and by the time i left i was having them 2 mins apart for a minute and they sent me home, next time i called i was in pain, i think it was the 2 days after the first trip to ward and they said i needed to come in, i actuallly thought i was in established labour, i had pressure and baby was feeling like she was tunneling out, going crazy, they sent me an ambulance to take me to another hospital because they were busy, the ambulance guy was lovely he gave me gas and air, but when i got to the hospital the nurse took it off me and i was given paracetamol! it didnt work at all, they did all the tests and said i was only 3 cms and i had to stay there all night in pain, she did an internal and it made things worse, they sent me home, now i am having these new contractions.

Sounds like youre really having a rough time of it hun have you tried having a hot bath as hot as you can stand and see if that gets you going i know how you feel and its awful when you feel youre not being listened to x

Im getting to the point where i dread having to call the hospital, even though i am in pain, right now i am having pain every 8 minutes but the pain in my back is pretty much always there and then i will get pain in my pelvis. god help me.

I have the constant pain in my back, pressure in my pelvic/buttocks and even down my thighs. I think I am in the early stages of labour as well. Have been this way for the last 24 hours. And from what I read, this could last for weeks. (See link on previous post I put up about Types and Phases of Labour).
I am not sure on the status of my mucus plug, but I believe I have been losing it slowly. Will find out with internal exam on Tuesday.

As for having a bath when you have already lost your plug, not something I would suggest as you risk an infection. I would stick to a shower at this point - but make sure someone is in the room with you, as a hot shower could make you dizzy. VERY unsafe. Even a warm shower would be better because now you are also probably a little less stable on your feet. I know I am.

Some hospitals can be so difficult. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time hun.
*Sending you active labour dust* HUGGS!

Aww hun, Im so sorry you are having such a rough time, I really hope things have moved forward for you and you are holding your LO very soon, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->