Can early labour following in the family?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by amy123xx, Jun 8, 2011.

1. amy123xx

amy123xx Guest

just a quick question that im abit confused about.
    can going into labour early following down in the family?
    some people have told me yes and others no :dohh:
    the midwife said it all depends. which has made me none of the wiser really :shrug:

what do you guys think?
    my mother went into premature labour with me at 29 weeks and the doctors managed to stop the labour unitl 36 weeks (with her in and out of hospital) thats when i was born :) and my brother was also born around 36 weeks so im just looking for some answers :shrug:
    xxx

2. Gracemum

Gracemum Full-time mum of 1

Interesting to hear what others say.

My Grandma, Mum, Sister and I all had 42 week plus pregnancy so I wonder if post-dates is the same?

3. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

I wondered this. My mum had all 4 of us prematurely. 3 of us were triplets (so were born at 27.5 weeks) and my brother was born 2 weeks premature.

4. jenb

jenb Well-Known Member

my mum had me a week early and my sister 3 weeks early and my brother was a week late so her births were all very different but she said the were all very quick ranging from 3-8 hours so im hoping i follow her in that way but my mums sisters had really long labours more than 24 hours and they went ages overdue so they all didnt take after my grandmother

5. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

Most of the babies born in my family were earlier than 40 weeks. My grandmother, my mom and my identical twin sister all had their first baby 38 weeks and earlier. I am not sure about all my aunts (1 was early) and I don't know if OH's family has anything to do with it (I wouldn't think so, but I am not sure because maybe the baby contributes something to when it is born???) but my OH's mom was early too.

It seems to run in my family and EVERYONE guessed I would have mine early too, but I am still here. Other than me though, it seems to run in my family. Sorry if that isn't much help! :)

6. Essie

Essie Very proud mummy

I was wondering about this, as my mum had me at 38 weeks but couldn't find anything that actually said there is a family connection.