Can evap lines be pink?

Ask4joy

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else ever had evap lives turn pink after a couple of hours? This happened to me twice at 9dpo (looked positive hours after testing). But the next day it didn't happen. Just wondering what might cause a negative test to look positive hours later. I shared it on the pregnancy test board and everyone said it looked just like a BFP but to test again in a few days since it was out of testing time frame. When I tested the next day I didn't get a second pink line at all. Just curious about the science behind these tests!

yes most definetly.. ive had pink evaps show up after time limit and even at the end of time limit on both Dollar store tests and Frer's... my most recent was just last week, 2 days before AF showed,...it showed before 10 minutes..

Attachments

• picccy.jpg
    picccy.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 42
The short answer is yes. You can get pink evaps but they are not that common, usually evaps dont have pink to them. What kind of tests were they? Cheap strips that you dip in are open to the elements which can influence things. I have had the odd pink evap on that type. It seemed to have been caused by an unusually deap indent that caused the dye to puddle slightly in the area of the test strip. It was always when it was hot and dry so I'm thinking that drying quicker than normal was a factor. FRER seem to react to the air.when you crack them open. They get a faint pink line.

Test results are useless after 10 mins. I would discard it seeing as it showed up hours later. Definitely an evap.

My pink Evaps showed within a couple minutes of taking the test.

It's possible that you actually were technically "pregnant" but experienced an early miscarraige, what they would call a "chemical pregnancy". I've had friends get glaring positives, only to test later and it be faint, and then dark again, and jump all around finally going back to stark white. They were pregnant, confirmed by a Blood test, but it ended in a chemical "pregnancy". They say this is why early testing is a bad idea. It is "said" that more women get pregnant and never know it then you would think, and it is bc, they are technically pregnant but when AF arrives the baby doesn't stick and they think it just regular AF even if she a few days late, when in fact they had actually been pregnant, they just had never done a test, not knowing that they even should. It's more common then you would think.

My pink Evaps showed within a couple minutes of taking the test.

That was not an evap it was either a positive or a false positive. Evaps by definition are from the moisture evaporating ie, when the test is dry so cant show up that quick.

From my understanding the new FRER are showing colored Evaps due to pooling of urine because of the curved handle. I don't know!?! Maybe not technically an evap but they aren't being considered false positives.

Yep 2 evaps on frer then af showed up a week later

I'd do a clear blue digital test. Nothing more frustrating than wondering if it's an evap or bfp. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"