can excessive hairyness be a sign it's a boy???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by fluffpuffin, Dec 15, 2009.

1. fluffpuffin

fluffpuffin Well-Known Member

...or am I just turning into a yeti?? I just heard these stories that if you're carrying a boy the testosterone can cause you to get more hairy. Any of you ladies who had babies in the past - have you noticed anything like that???

2. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

I was definately more hairy with my little boy than I am with my girl :haha: xxx

3. Junebug_CJ

Junebug_CJ Maman to Zoë and Zach

I'm expecting a girl and VERY hairy at the moment!

4. MrsHart2b

MrsHart2b Mummy to Oliver & due 2nd

do you mean on your tummy? I thought I had noticed more hairs but there still quite light on my tummy, and thought I was just imagining it!x :)

5. fluffpuffin

hmm...I can't really compare as it's my first, but so it could definately be a sig then - hubby will be pleased!!:thumbup:

6. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

I'm hairy too!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!... God I know it's not a nice thing to be a hairy lady but I'm so please I'm not alone on this!!! =D.. I hope that's true.. If it is then I've defiantly got a boy on order lol.. I have heard though that if you have a lot of heartburn then you're going to have a hairy baby (born with like alot of hair on it's head not hairy like a yeti lol) xx

7. fluffpuffin

I've noticed much more hairgrowth just under my belly button, also other areas need to be trimmed and pruned more regularly than before :haha:

8. RainbowDrop_x

NOOOOOOOOOO DONT SHAVE YOUR BELLY!!!!!!!!!!! .... I asked my MW about that and she said that hairy bellies disappear after the birth inless you shave it then it will keep growing back.. And THICKER... UH OOOOH :dohh:

9. happyface82

happyface82 Well-Known Member

I'm the sameeee!! Its annoying but if its a sign it might be a boy then my husband will be thrilled like yours!!!! :D

10. fluffpuffin

Oh but I can't leave it all hairy, some of them look really dark and then when I go for a swim to the gym it's gonna be a freakshow. You've scared me now that I'll always have a hairy belly...:dohh:

11. RainbowDrop_x

Oh no I didn't mean to scare you lol.. That's what she said!! If it makes you feel any better though my hairy belly's dark haired to lol. xxx

12. fluffpuffin

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. hehe, maybe our hubby's will be lucky :)

13. jolou

jolou Mum to 2 little munchkins

im the same, rather hairy from my belly button down, i wasnt like this when pregnant with my daughter lol dont worry fluffpuffin ive had to shave too, i cant stand it. ive also im more hairy on the backs of my legs...i suffered slightly there anyway but now its horrible and dark like a mans.

14. fluffpuffin

ok, well I better just grin and bear it then :) most of them are fair as I'm blonde so it's not too bad, as long as it doesn't get worse. xx

15. Widger

Widger Mummy at last

I've noticed my hairs more, don't think they are really dark, just didn't really notice any hair before? I wonder if this does mean boy??

16. Daisymac

Daisymac Guest

:happydance: Wooooo hooooooo! Its not just me who is very hairy right now!

I am having a girl and i am sooooooooooooo hairy! i have grown hairs on my hairs!!:haha:

My tummy is covered in hair, my legs are human leg warmers, my eye brows have turned into a unibrowand i even have started noticing hairs on my big toes!!!! :dohh:

I was like this when i was having my son too so i know it doesnt matter about the sex of baby, its just a pregnancy thing full stop!

17. gemgti

gemgti Well-Known Member

lol ive had dark hairs growing on my belly and noticed a few dark hairs on my chin that i HAD to pull out..... Im having a girl.

18. Miss-Boo

Miss-Boo Well-Known Member

my belly has gone so furry! I feel like such a freak. I have my gender scan tomorrow morning so we'll see if it's a boy turning me into a hairy beast!

19. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

My tummy is really hairy and not black but noticeable and LONG! Its been like this since i was about 10ish weeks. I pluck out some really dark ones but im leaving the rest :) Its strange, think my lady area is growing more quickly too but ive not noticed any hair anywhere else. Im having a girl :) Think some of us just get hairy and super sexy!! HAHA!

20. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

I'm reallyyy hairy which convinced me it was a boy, but nope! I'm just a yeti :blush: