Can having IB late (11DPO or 3 days before AF) cause you to still have AF??

Ash1988

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am new here so hopefully posting in the right place! If not, sorry and please direct me where to go haha! My DH and I have been TTC for 3 months now. My last AF was 7/25 and I have 28 day cycles. So my estimated O-Day was 8/8 and the 2 days leading up to 8/8 I had some cramping. My DH and I had sex 3 days leading up to the 8th and day after. 11DPO I had a single spot of brownish/red blood in my underwear, nothing else when wiped or anymore after that in my undies. Because this was on the later end of the potential IB (3 days before AF), could I still have a light period since the implantation (if it was in fact implantation) happened close to AF? I started super light bleeding today (pinkish-red) and today is my due date for AF but I didn't know if maybe I could still have a little hope that it's because implantation possibly was so close to the period that my body didn't have a chance to stop it yet. Just trying to hang on to a little hope that I could be pregnant or if need to just start planning on next O-Day:hugs:. lol Sorry also if some of this was a bit TMI.

Thanks!

If it's your period you won't be pregnant as that's the body shedding its uterine lining :( I always implant late, AF doesn't arrive when it should then a few days later I get a bfp. Have you tested? To be honest there's no way of knowing if what you experienced was IB or not, could be lots of things so if your testing negative and bleeding I would assume it's AF. Good luck though and I really hope you catch that egg next cycle!

Thanks for the reply! I did go ahead and test and got a BFN so just going to assume it is my AF and hope next month is the month! lol Thanks again

What PP said. Your "period" is your uterine lining shedding because there was no implantation of a fertilized egg. Some women have heavy IB which they mistake for their period but it is not the same thing. Good luck next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->