Can he have this?

natasha82

Reaction score
I am having dinner at my mums today and she is cooking beef stew and dumplings. She uses normal stock cubes and gravy etc. So will he still be able to eat it or will it be too salty for him do you think?

Mmmm that sounds good! I think anything is probably fine in moderation.

I'd say probably too salty but that's going on my cooking, I'm a bugger for using salt/stock etc lol xx

What if i drain most of the gravy off so it's hardly got any on it? I love my mums beef stew and dumplings, it's my favourite.

I'd say yes but make sure he has very low salt for the rest of the day and the next couple to let him clear it through

Oh itl be fine. He's nearly ten months old and its not like he will be drinking the stock :)

X

As a one off I wouldn't worry about the salt. Just make sure he has lots of fluids.

I'll bet he LOVES it!

I agree just keep the rest of the day to low salt/no salt. I bet my LO would love dumplings. Haven't tried him on them yet.

Mmm now you've got me wanting dumplings!!

Damn slimming world haha

Mmmm I want stew and dumplings now!

I tend to only give her stuff made with baby stock cubes but im sure occasionally wont hurt. x

According to NHS guidelines babies under a year need to have less than 1g of salt per day. A standard beef Oxo cube has 1.05g of salt in it, plain Bisto gravy granules have 0.18g salt in a serving. You could easily make a huge pot of stew using maybe 3g salt in the whole thing!! Unless your LO is going to eat ALL the stew I think you'll be absolutely fine. Yummy, I love stew!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->