Can I ask this ? Here please??

Reaction score
So I'm on cycle day 10.. is it possible to get pregnant 5 day after af?? I bought opk just waiting on them.. as yall know we're ntnp.. but we just dtd and just wondering since I have irregular cycles if this is possible? ? I just started provera todsy.. my average cycles length past three months is 48 days..what's my chances?? Sorry to adk here.. I've had alot of evaps recently. .

The only way it could be possible is if you had an incredibly long AF(9+ days long since the average ovulation day is day 14 on a 28 day cycle). Otherwise, no. It's not usually possible and is something that happens incredibly rarely. If your cycles are approx. 48 days long, chances are you're ovulating around CD34. After you ovulate, most women have a 14(average) day luteal phase(LP) before af starts.

Hope it helps!

If ur cycle lengths are that long then no u are probably not ovulating on cycle day 10. U would have to have super short cycles to ovulate that early

It is very unlikely, especially if you have 48 day cycles, I would say your ovulation would be around days 30-38 However, it doesn't mean it isn't possible that you could have a one off short cycle :) good luck

I wouldn't doubt anything! Here's why I say that, I had a period from 5/12-5/16 and had surgery to get my tonsils and adenoids taken out on 5/20. And 9 days later after surgery, 9 days after!!, is when I got pregnant! I couldn't believe it!

Oh wow ok I guess I have a small chance guess time will tell

There's always a small chance, like I said, I couldn't believe it, it did not seem possible to me! But you never know! I thought with all the meds I was taking and the medicine they gave me during surgery would make my system more likely to reject a pregnancy, but it didn't! My bf and I have been trying for about a year now and I guess the surgery just helped a little bit is how I look at it! Our miracle baby <3

There's always a small chance, like I said, I couldn't believe it, it did not seem possible to me! But you never know! I thought with all the meds I was taking and the medicine they gave me during surgery would make my system more likely to reject a pregnancy, but it didn't! My bf and I have been trying for about a year now and I guess the surgery just helped a little bit is how I look at it! Our miracle baby <3
Wow how crazy..I'm sure I didn't get pregnant with my irregular cycles but I can dream lol..I've been so confused on ttc #3 but the thought of another one sounds right to complete our family

So you got af and 9 days later you conceived? ? Do u have 28 day cycles? We're u ovulating?

I had af and about 2 weeks after the last day of af I got pregnant! Af was from 5/12-5/16, i had surgery on 5/20 and I got pregnant on 5/29 so about 2 weeks after af but its just crazy. I didn't think that could happen so soon after. But it did!

That sounds about right with my cycles, i think they are about 28 or so but i don't know about ovulation because I have never tracked it.

Oh ok so you got lucky so you must have been ovulating then..I doubt I'm ovulating. .I'm not going to obess bit I dud buy opk just to see if I ovulate I'm waiting on them. . And I have some Internet cheapie hpt too.. so I'll test in couple of weeks and see if I got lucky

That is crazy. .well af ended on 30th and we dtd on 10/4 so that's probably too soon..I hate not having regular af makes it harder but I started the provera yesterday

Hi hun, hope this makes sense as I've not had much sleep and my brain is not with it lol. I use to have regular 28cycle an ov'ed on cd14, back in 2012 I had right ovary and tube removed then my cycles went, 28days one month,25days the next. I conceived my little peanut(I'm now 26 +3) on my 25 day cycle, I got af came off on cd5 on cd10 I had my o pains ewcm sore boobs so new I was on my short cycle,but didn't poas till I was on cd 29, it was the darkest bfp I've seen on a one step cheepy lol. My midwife put my dates down as a 28dc,but first scan confirmed I was a week ahead so I was correct with my dates lol. So it is possible.. It surprised me lol. Good luck hun xxx

Just curious why you started the provera? Did your dr recommend taking it? It actually has a lot of risks associated with it, you can read about it here:

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/provera.html

And should definitely not be taken while pregnant.

Hope you have luck with the opks this month! Good luck :)

Because I went to my ob and saud I need something to help have regular af.. I heard alot of side affects too.. I'm just scared cause u need af every month to be healthy..I don't know what to do

Most of these risks are no different than taking birth control. I was put on provera for over a year to help with an issue. But I was put on it straight, no time off until I was ready to ttc and the other issue was gone. the most I had for side effects is that it really inhibits weight loss and can make you gain weight. Similar to BC. and it likes to make you emotional as well. Lots of ups and downs, particularly if you are already sensitive to those.

The provera will induce a period. It's technically a false period like birth control gives you. Your real period happens on your own time unless you have a hormone issue like PCOS that inhibits it. having a period every 48 days is not a good schedule for ttc but it is your schedule. Once you start to create a schedule your body may do it on its own.

For now go with what your doc has told you to do. The liklihood of you being pregnant on your current cycle length is so very remote. It is improbable for you to have gotten pregnant only 5 days after af stopped.

Ahh ok. For some people, provera can help kickstart a more regular cycle, so fingers crossed for you! But it's not really meant to be taken regularly for ovulation help. It's so frustrating, I'm right there with you, with long irregular cycles. I think the opks will help with conceiving #3. So many women have luck with them.

Oh very true, Mich. It will not help with ovulation. In fact, it can inhibit ovulation. Like BC. but it will set up a cycle schedule so that in a few months you could actively start to ttc (although it sounds like you want to ttc and not be ntnp anymore). But even if you take it for the one cycle it will induce a period to happen and you can ttc starting the next cycle.

I have PCOS and highly irregular cycles. If I don't get my regular cycle back I will likely have to use provera to induce. But I will only take it for a week because af would already be late by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->