can i baby 'go off' a certain type of formula?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by makeithappen, Jan 30, 2011.

1. makeithappen

makeithappen Well-Known Member

Grace has been on enfamil ar for about 2 months now but for the past 4 weeks she takes the first 1 or 2ozs fine then i have to fight with her to take some more. it also makes her very constipated. The last couple of days she has got worse and has hardly taken any bottle even when i fight with her to take it.

shes got to be starving, has she gone off this food?

HELP

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Does she maybe need a faster flow teat?

3. makeithappen

makeithappen Well-Known Member

i tried her with a number 3 teat a few weeks ago it helped a bit but then one time she threw the whole bottle back up so i thought she was maybe getting it too quickly?

4. Siyren

Siyren Guest

lyssa honestly did seem to go off aptamil (uk brand) - but this was after they changed all the packaging and everything, so i just assumed they changed the milk somehow too. we switched her to cow and gate and we never looked back.
    if she's heavily constipated though she could well feel full- check with your doctor- but we used to give lyssa very very diluted fresh orange juice to relive constipation- this was at 5 months though so water would prob be more appropriate for your little miss right now x

5. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

i would say if shes constipated it will affect ow much feed she takes, a teaspoon of fresh o.j in a couple of ounces of water worked wonders for mine

do you have comfort formulas? weve just moved oscar to aptamil comfort to ease his wind and constipation and its worked a treat x