Can I Eat Honey!?!

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
i pulled out the honey and OH says "oh, i heard the other day it's not good for you when your pregnant!"

he just RUINED my morning. UGH...

anyone know if this is true or what??

I think its bad if is unpasterized. I ate normal honey every day when I was pregnant.

https://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/psafe/0,,3wd1,00.html
Found this for you babes. You are fine eating honey.

Honey is fine to eat when pregnant, it's babies under 18 months who can't have it. Something to do with spores. Enjoy xx

Honey is fine to eat when pregnant, it's babies under 18 months who can't have it. Something to do with spores. Enjoy xx

Yeah, I think its under 12months coz of small cases of botulism but never heared of us preggers women being told to avoid it

You should be fine!! I ate toooons of honey, i love the stuff!!

I eat it.

Unless you of your OH has an allergy to stuff like honey, nuts etc then you can eat it. I eat everything, we have no allergies here.

The only thing I haven't had is a good runny egg, but thats just cause the bacteria can make you get food poisoning (very slim) and the food poisoning is what can cause issues.

Yeh the pharmacist to have it for my cold with hot water and lemon so must be fine!

It's not in my list from the food standards agency! I've been eating it lots.

I've been eating spoonfuls of honey instead of chocolate to try to kick my sugar cravings (not working!!!!)

Enjoy and eat away hun :) .
It is actually reccomended to pregnant women for a cold with hot water sugar and lemon . xx .

Honey's fine for us to eat during pregnancy.

I'm stuffed up with a stinking head cold, and the pharmacist recommended lemon and honey in hot water, or in decaf tea (mmm, I love that!)

OH must have read something about babies when he got the impression i couldn't have it..
nearly ruined my whole morning when he wouldn't let me eat it!! LOL

I haven't been honey for weeks now after my mom told me I wasn't allowed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"