Can I get pregnant

zoeb1234

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong group but I was just wondering,might sound stupid but can u get pregnant if u have unprotected sex the day after ur ovulation ends ( according to the online calculators)
Had sex 20/10/15 and ovulation ended 19/10/15
Thanks for any answers.

If you mean the day AFTER you ovulated, there is still a chance, but it isnt likely (from what I have read). Apparently the egg only lasts 24 hours and it can take longer than that for the sperm to reach the egg, so when they reach the egg, it is no good. I wouldnt take that to mean that you can't get pregnant as it is difficult to pinpoint the exact time of ovulation etc.

If you're just going by online calculators and you haven't been tracking your body specifically then there's a definite chance you could get pregnant. Many women don't ovulate "on time" some earlier and some later than the online calculators predict!

According to the online calculators my ovulation was between 14th-19th Oct.

Yes I conceived my son several days after a calculator said I ovulated. I guess I ovulated late or my egg hung around a while as he's now 3!

If you're just using a calculator as a guide- absolutely.

If you know exactly when you ovulated it's a bit different- as pp said the egg only survives 12-24 hours after being released.

An online calculator is really not very accurate unless the information you are supplying is basal body temperature, so it is very possible that you ovulated at a different time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->