Can I give her fish fingers?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Natnee, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

As the title says really! On my daily battle to think of things to feed Belle everyday, I think there are some fish fingers in the freezer, which would be another meal on the list!

2. rjm09

rjm09 kcm12

Hmm...I see your LO is over a year old. Not sure why your asking if she can have fish sticks now or not, if she likes them why not! My LO was eating them prolly since about 6 months!

He also loves chicken nuggets,french fries, onion rings, tater tots..we have a wonderful cheap selection at the stores around us! Easy finger foods, and just some other meal suggestions

3. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

she can have anything now x

4. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Yeah if you want to give her them. She can eat anything now.

5. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

Thanks for the replies. I try not to give her processed foods tbh, so I guess I am thinking they wouldn't be a good idea to give them to her. I suppose it would be alright in moderation.

6. rjm09

rjm09 kcm12

I made all my baby food from fresh fruits and veggies, grew them in my garden so knew they were pesticide free!

My guy eats a banana every morning for breakfast with his cereal, eats some of my lettuce in my salads with lunch,drinks cranberry juice and milk so if he's eating nuggets, or other processed stuff, he does love Mcdonalds burgers, it doesn't bug me at all.

As long as you are combining a good menu, she will be just fine! Get her to try new things all the time...I recall my cousin eating a salad in front of her kid, and he went for some.She told him not to, cause "you probably won't like it". Don't tell them that! Just let them try it and encourage it! My guy eats broccoli like nothin!!!!

7. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

She does eat most things. Like she has had fish but sometimes it's just easy to bung something in the oven lol!

90% of the food I have given her has been homemade, so I see processed food as a bit alien iykwim! She will no doubt eat plenty of it over her lifetime so want to keep it away from her as much as possible.

8. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

fishfingers arent really that nasty besides you can always make your own :)!

9. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Nowt wrong with fish fingers as far as I know?
    I make my own too but they're not as popular with madam as the bought kind.

10. rosie272

rosie272 mum to charlie finn

They're fine. Charlie loves fish goujons as well :flower: (not homemade though)

11. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

:thumbup: Fish fingers getting the big thumbs up here!! Plus with carrots and sweet potato wedges, mummy gives a thumbs up to a relatively mess free lunch. (you should've seen the porridge everywhere this morning - I can't be dealing with it anymore today! It's non messy finger food for the rest of the day)

12. fairy1984

fairy1984 Well-Known Member

ooo to those that make thier own, please do share your recipe!

my LO LOVES fish fingers and i'm wondering about making her some from scratch as i'd let her have them more often then

13. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

All I do is cut fish up into strips, dip in beaten egg then in breadcrumbs, then freeze, cook from frozen in abuot 20 mins depending on the thickness of them. :)

14. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

My LO eats the fish and leaves the coating - even better (unless it's M&S lightly spiced goujoms - he loves that coating!)

15. Snowball

Snowball Resident badass

I'm about to get Ozzie Boo on these (bit late I know:blush:). I don't eat fish but Eddie has just started a new nursery and loves them :)

16. JMC82

JMC82 Well-Known Member

You're fine to give her fish fingers. My son sometimes has them and I just keep an eye on his salt intake to make sure he stays within the guidelines. xx

17. Miss_Bump

Miss_Bump Well-Known Member

Yeah it fine but it's very easy to make your own too ;)

18. Miss_Bump

Miss_Bump Well-Known Member

Same here ;)

19. ellismum

ellismum Ellis' mum!!

I used to buy the premium ones and pick the coating off but now he's older he gets the complete finger.

Ellis' favourite dinner is "Fish Finger Suprise" chopped fish fingers, pasta and veg mixed together a d topped with grated cheese!

20. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

I don't like feeding Emma or myself processed foods either but I never thought about making my own fish fingers!! Thanks for the idea ladies. :flower: