Can I have wine now? 14dpo/15dpo hpt-

FertileFlower

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
What are the odds that I would have a false negative on 14dpo?
I read 8%-12.5% but then there is the added knowledge that the chance
of even being pregnant each month is about 15% for me at best.

It's my birthday and I feel miserable and as if there is no doubt a/f is approaching. I know it's just a couple of days more of waiting, but I already skipped New Years and all holiday parties.

What would you do? :coffee:

i drink wine ... you tested and it is negative. enjoy yourself. drink and party. once you have that positive you should stop. but until then dont let it hinder you ...

Agree with above. A few drinks isn't going to hurt. I had a couple during the two week wait with my LO and she's perfectly healthy!

Happy birthday x

I drank in my TWW as said to myself that I can't put my life on hold. Go and have fun!

Well I answered the poll wrong... I didn't get my light pink lines until 13dpo and slightly better at 14dpo. It is possilbe to have slightly later implantation and if hcg starts at 1 and doubles every 2-3 days it is possible to not see a bfp until you are a week late.

That being said...you can drink in your tww and even further in the first couple of weeks of your bfp. It isn't until the placenta has formed that you need to stop. In the first few weeks the baby isn't getting nutrients (and therefore receiving all the stuff from what you ingest) from you as the placenta hasn't formed enough to exchange nutrients from you. Until 8 weeks it is getting its nutrients from the yolk sac.

this is not the go ahead to get hammered of course but say you have an event where you would normally drink but don't want to tell anyone you are pregnant you could nurse a glass of wine and the baby will be fine.

But there are lots of ladies that believe in the saying "drink until pink." Basically you can drink until you get that bfp.

The first cycle TTC I gave up lots of things - wine, caffeine, certain cheeses and meats and had a super healthy diet. I'm on cycle #3 now and have whatever I fancy. I don't think a few drinks will do any harm at all. If it's going to take several months for it to happen I don't see the point in worrying about having a coffee or a glass of wine every month. When I am pregnant I'll be more than happy to give it all up but I found it adds to my frustration and disappointment each time af arrives.

100% agree with u there unicorn! I tried giving a few things up a few cycles ago n didn't help sp deco no point til we get that pink line! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->