Can I have...?

Cakeybabes

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can have a general anesthetic while I'm pregnant?

I was told by the dentist that I need to have all of my wisdom teeth out :cry: and that because I'm not too keen on the idea he will arrange for the hospital to take them all out at once under a general anesthetic. The problem is I'm guessing I will have quite a wait before it's done and I want to start TTC in July but obviously don't want to do anything that could harm any baby I could be carrying at the time.

From what I know (I have queried about going under GA whilst pregnant) most UK doctors won't do it I'm afraid. Anything that could be even remotely antagonistic to a pregnancy isn't worth the risk (and that includes diving for me!).

Thanks, I thought that was probably the case. I'll try and hurry up my appointment I think coz I'm not putting off TTC after July, I can barely wait until then as it is!!!

I would talk to an OBGYN about it... There may be anothe kind of med you can have instead.

Only in emergancy's. Everying else will have to be put off.

I hope you get your appt thru soon and its done by july, i know what you mean about not wanting to put it off much longer i've put ttc on hold till i lose some weight and its killing me i'm so desperate to get on with ttc again asap x

I hope you get your appt thru soon and its done by july, i know what you mean about not wanting to put it off much longer i've put ttc on hold till i lose some weight and its killing me i'm so desperate to get on with ttc again asap x

I also want to try and loose half a stone before July, judging from the bump pictures people have already posted in the other forums I could pass for 10 weeks pregnant at the moment!!!:rofl:

No you can't, but I had mine out when I was pg with just the Novocain shots and laughing gas and I promise that I didn't feel a thing! The laughing gas is actually kinda fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->