'can i hold your baby?'

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
my reply...

'Erm.. do i know you?'

some woman stinking of fags and real BO just come walking up to me at playgroup and asked if she could hold ffion. no hi, how are you? my name is blah blah blah. just 'can i hold your baby'

my mouth fell open and all i could do was ask if i knew her, she replied no ive never been here before, so i told her it wasnt polite to ask to hold other peoples babies! :blush:

might have been a tad rude with my replies, woops! :rofl:

I went to my OH's passing out parade and some woman (he obviously knew her) just walked up and took charlie off him! i was fuming, fair enought he knew her but i didnt have a clue who she was! it wouldnt have botherd me if she'd made an effort to talk to me but she spoke to OH with out even looking at me ...whilst holding my son! Arghh....

I was waiting on my DH at a tux shop in NYC last week, and the woman behind the desk asked to hold Bren. I said sure. she took him, he was ok for a minute then totally melted down on her. I felt bad for both of them.

Oh my god! I freak out if people touch Daisy while she is in her pram (only if I don't know them!) You don't know where their hands have been :grr:

When I went to the family planning clinic last week for my pill the nurses stole my baby while i was seeing the DR. I nearly cried cos they took her into the office and you needed a number to get in. Caitlyn had fun though but OH got an earful when we got home! He was supposed to be looking after her, anything could have happened!

:shock:
I think if some horrible smelling woman asked to hold my baby I'd run away from her! So much for my politeness! :lol:

Lol I'd run away too. I wouldn't even polite enough to ask if I knew her, I'd just say no and do a runner :lol:

My first question would by "Why?" with a snarl to it. Then I'd be taking off.

i was just so shocked i didnt really know what to say. i just spoke in a sarcastic voice and she soon got the point.

come to think of it i didnt actually see her with a child.. im sure she left the session on her own :-k

A kid at burger king asked me this last month, luckily Hannah was asleep so I told her that. She than said "well if she wakes up can I hold her than" :shock: I just said maybe and walked off :rofl: Not like we would have let her though :rofl:

i must be odd! i think its good for lily to be held by different people myself, true if someone smelt like ciggys i wouldnt be pleased, but i dont have a problem with her being held by other people, i personally wouldnt think it was strange if someone asked to hold lily at a group i went too, happens all the time to me and i ask to hold others too, i dont think its that rude to be honest! sorry to rock the boat guys n be the black sheep!

omg i would find that very wierd someone u dont know asking to hold your baby errrr no way and run off lol

i would have been the same.

why do people think they can hold and touch ur baby

I find it hard to even let some of my family hold her.. :rofl:

I have this problem with the in-laws :blush:

me too lol...OH's Dad is just dirty! He feeds his dogs with his hands and then carries on eating himself (with his hands!)...I don't actually think he's held Alasdair yet..I know it's got to happen sometime but I'm hoping the boy will build up immunity first! Who knows what he might catch!

I don't know what I'd say if someone asked...I'd probably not say anything but just move away quickly!

i'd have said sure.. AFTER youve had a bath you gipping grimwald!!! :sick:....
{{{shudder}}} i second toria i get antsy when my family have rhiannon...

i must be odd! i think its good for lily to be held by different people myself, true if someone smelt like ciggys i wouldnt be pleased, but i dont have a problem with her being held by other people, i personally wouldnt think it was strange if someone asked to hold lily at a group i went too, happens all the time to me and i ask to hold others too, i dont think its that rude to be honest! sorry to rock the boat guys n be the black sheep!

i often ask people to hold ffion at our group whilst i chase after rhys for a second, but i KNOW those people, like theyre my neighbours or ive seen them at the group a million times. but i would never never hand ffion to a complete stranger who i had never met before and who looked shifty!

i do agree that kids should be held by different people, i just have to trust those people first.

i no what you mean tezzy, i'm ok with people i no, but strangers and smelly strangers :nope:

i don't even like strangers trying to touch or make contact when we're out :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->