can i just ask ...........

spicysugar

Reaction score
how far were all of yu when your oh told his family i am 14 weeks and he still aint told them, said its too much hassle and that he wil tell them when he is ready advice please!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
:hug:

I told my family pretty much straight away and so did my OH.

Have you told your family yet? Its still fairly early so theres a little time yet but i would try and get him to talk to his family pretty soon. Had he said why its going to be "hassle"?

We told both our families straight when we found out around 4 weeks, why not we were so excited lol. Why's it hassle, have u asked him? He should tell them. x

my mum, dad, bro and step dad was first to know at 4 weeks!

oh mum and sis was next to know at 5 weeks

we then didnt tell anyone else until 11 weeks purely because of previous problems i have had..

if it had been a normal pregnancy then maybe we would have earier im not sure..

we had, had 3 scans by 11 weeks so i would generally say maybe after yr first scan so u know baby is ok...

though i wouldnt include oh mum/dad in tht?

suppose it depends how close he/u are with them?

We waited until our 12-week scan showed everything was okay then told our parents and siblings. My OH told all his work colleagues straightaway but I waited until I was about 15 weeks before telling my work people. I guess you just go with what you're happy with, but he should really explain the "hassle" comments - it seems a bit odd.

I agree - I think I'd be kinda hurt if my OH said telling his family was 'hassle'... :hugs:

Have u had a scan hun ?? . Maybe he wants to wait untill after to tell ? .
If you have then explain to him , You feel he should tell them now .
I told my family after i saw baby on scan at 8 weeks . xx .

We told ours once I'd been to the docs. Everyone else we waited until 12 weeks.

I did a test & his sister text their mum the very second.... didn't ask if we wanted her to know yet, ignorance.

I told my family at 13 weeks and work at 14 weeks and his family at 15 weeks. He wanted to wait to make sure we were past the 12 week range. I would also be very hurt that he says telling his family is a hassle.

Are you really young? Maybe he is scared that they will get really angry or something.

I told my family right away, but they live far away and I wanted the support.
:hugs:

I told my father in law myself. He didn't even know I was his daughter in law, let alone pregnant and that had always really pissed me off - so, one day I happened to pick up the phone when he called and he asked who I was, and I said "J's wife - and congratulations, you're going to be a grandpa."

sorry for late reply kids were going mad yesterday with it being half term lol, he said its because we split up and got back together just before i fell preg, all my familyknow have done since 6weeks had scans etc its also apprently coz his mum dont like me not being funny but he is 27 so i dont get it we have 3 other children between us who all call him daddy and his family know about them i just feel like i am going through it on my own coz i see him once a week coz he works and lives away

Hmm not quite sure what to make about this, he shouldn't be keeping it a secret that would make me doubt his intentions being totally honest with you. Your in it for thelong haul now wether your together or not he's gna be the bubs dad so its not like he can sweep it under the carpet forever. Regardless of what's happened in the past this about the here and now this is real, your together and having a baby, this should be something happy and exciting u can share together with both of your families. I think you need to talk to him about it. xx

tried last night all i got is ok i see !!!!!!!!! wheres the blinking proudness or excitment? am i reading too much into this?

No not at all hun, he needs to be more supportive to you. *hugs* xx

all the family new straight away at about 7weeks

xxx

thanks katie not got much family so its great on her really welcoming
and i dont feel like a hypercondriact lmao or drama queen well not for few months :dust:

nooo not at all dont be silly you should have seen some of my posts lol, this is my first pregnancy but even the preggers ladies who have had kids before have just as many questions as the newbies so its nice we can all help each other and every pregnancy is different. Whatever happens with OH even if he is being a pain.... don't let it stress u and bub out and feel free to rant on here lol. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->