Can I just complain about my broken TV?

Kittee

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
3 years ago we bought a brand new 32 inch LCD flat screen TV. At that time I also bought an extended replacement/repair plan. (Good thing I did.)

The TV gave us faithful service up until about a month ago...

Now the screen slowly fades to a deep dark red/black color after the TV warms up. (Usually 20 mins.) At that point, it's too dark to watch!

So I called the service plan people...they scheduled me an appointment 2 weeks out. (I was annoyed having to wait 2 weeks.)

The day of the appointment comes, the repairman calls me and says that he can't come out that day but he knows what's wrong so he will order parts and that he would call me back later that day (Last friday) and set up a new appointment.

Well friday comes and goes and of course I don't get a call so Dh calls them today and they said...

We ordered the parts but one part was so expensive you have to wait for an approval from the factory and we won't know if you have gotten than until Sept. 5th.

WHAT!? Ok, so this means that I'm going to be without TV for over a month?

I'm soo peeved. If the part is so blasted expensive, how about you just replace the TV instead?

I'm going to go ballistic when the 5th comes and they don't have any answers for me.

Hell hath no fury like a pregnant pissed off woman!

I'd be pissed, I'd be telling them that you want to have a tv loaned to you in the meantime if it is going to take so long. It would make more sense by the sounds of it if they would just replace it.

You'd think so? But I guess they are just after the $$$. I already paid them X amount for the tv and I believe around 200 for the replacement/repair plan. I feel like I'm being ripped off!

Id hit the roof. Youve paid for the extended warranty, so it shouldnt matter if the factory approves or not. Id ring 2moro and dont take no for an answer. Tell them ur going to trading standards. :grr: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->