Can I mix the milk?

jms895

Reaction score
I express a few times a day so that OH can feed at night or morning.... or for example we have a party tomorrow night and OH is on Caine duty but dont want to be taking tonnes of bottles.

Sometimes I get about 4 oz off sometimes 1 or 2 depending on time of day, how much baby has had etc....

So was wondering if i only get a bit off, can I mix it with some other milk later that I get off or do I have to keep it all in seperate bottles in the fridge which Is what I am currently doing.... then feed it him seperate? Or can I add the 1 or 2 oz to another 1 or 2 oz to make a full good feed for him?

Obviously I wont mix different days milk.

Thanks
Jade xx

You can mix milk from different days! :happydance: BM keeps in the fridge for 5 days. It used to take me that long to get a feed together!

They only thing you really need to do to be safe when mixing your BM together, is that its the same temperature to avoid inadvertantly 'reheating' it. So collect it and keep it in the fridge and only join it together when its all chilled down or join. Dont add room temp milk to chilled milk - ye? I put a spare sterile sealable bottle or container in the fridge and when the milk was chilled I added it to that - if you want you can mark it with the first day you started adding to it. :D

Oh thats good then and saves on the bottles and stuff! Mixing it is then! thanks :flower:

Yep, you can mix milk from different days as long as it is the same temp first!

Must be nice milk if you have curry one day and a choc cake the next...... mm curry cake :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"