Can I scan my ultrasound picture??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by stick2000, Apr 6, 2009.

1. stick2000

stick2000 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, just a quick question as I can't find the answer anywhere online ..... is it safe for me to scan my ultrasound pictures onto my computer. I'm just worried in case scanning them wrecks them. Thanks!!!

2. starah

starah Well-Known Member

Yes, just put it on the glass and not through the document feeder! I sell scanners :)

3. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

Yes scanning is fine - just don't laminate it cos the heat destroys the pics, - not done this myself but I remember reading a thread back in 1st tri!

4. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

I scanned mine - didn't do them any harm whatsoever. Mine didn't come out that great though, so I bought a cheap little photo album from Boots (£3) and put the originals in there - that way I didn't have to worry about people handling them, and could show off the originals.

There's a sign up in the hospital telling people not to laminate (it's almost like old fashioned fax paper they use to print the photos) ... I'd be devastated if I'd ruined mine!

5. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

scanning is fine iv scanned all mine :) x