Can i take pregnacare and iron tablets?

Scooby12345

Reaction score
Hi

i've been tking pregnacare plus since 4 weeks pregnant but have now been told i need iron tablets, can i carry on with the pregnacare too?:wacko:

I'll try and speak to a midwife tomorrow but if anyone has experience on this i'd be really interested.

My MW advised me to stop the pregnacare while I take iron tablets.

However they gave me really bad constipation, so instead of taking 2 iron tablets I now take 1 and a pregnacare.

Somedays I still take 2 iron tablets!! I've been doing this for weeks and hasn't caused a problem.

pregnacare may contain iron as well so you don't want to take too much... check the packet or speak to your MW.
Too much iron can be as bad as too little!
xxx

Hmmm I'm on 3 iron tabs a day plus my pregnacare! Midwife said it was fine! That was 2 months ago and I'm still taking them. Not really been constipated but I think that's cos I'm craving milk and water so drinking A LOT. Although poo is like tar (sorry tmi) LOL

i think 2 iron tablets and a pregcare one would be ok but check with your MW 1st, im really suprised actually i was dreading the iron tablets cos of the constipation and sicknes but ive had no side effects at all apart from black poo but i can live with that lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->