Can I use Jasmine when pregnant?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I love Flying Fox shower gel by Lush and often use i as a bubble bath. I haven't had any or a while and work have bought me some for my birthday. My moher in law thinks that I can't use it as jasmine is one of the essential oils that you are supposed to aoide when pregnant as they can cause miscarriage.

Can I use it?

Click here for an ingredients list...

https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=126&category_id=481&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Hey,

I found this link https://www.northdaysimage.ca/aromatherapy_mothers.html
It has info about all aromatherapy type oils for pregnancy.

Jasmine "Jasmine is noted for its properties in preparing the uterine muscles for labour.
AVOID using jasmine during the first eight months of pregnancy

:| I've been using a shower gel with jasmine in, why doesn't it say anywhere not to use it?:growlmad:

Hey,

I found this link https://www.northdaysimage.ca/aromatherapy_mothers.html
It has info about all aromatherapy type oils for pregnancy.

Jasmine "Jasmine is noted for its properties in preparing the uterine muscles for labour.
AVOID using jasmine during the first eight months of pregnancy

Ok that can be my post birth treat or the get this baby out of me now bath!

I use the J&J baby powder with Jasmine in it...I wouldn't use products with highly concentrated jasmine until my 9th month.

Hello,
(My first post here - hi!)
I used to work for Lush and we were told that everything in the shop is fine for use during pregnancy, because the essential oils are quite diluted and they are tested for safety as well.
The main problem with using Essential Oils in pregnancy is probably if you are 'self-dosing' at home, as you might end up using way too much or not diluting them properly, if that makes sense.
I'm intending to use my Lush stuff right through, (mmmm Flying Fox!) but it ultimately is your own choice whether you want to or not.

I found that which oils were supposedly safe or not safe during pregnancy always varied depending on which book you were reading, so even the aromatherapists can't all agree!

I emailed Lush yesterday and got this responce...

Dear Nicola,

Thanks for your enquiry.

In response to your query, after checking with our Head Formulator we feel that all of our products should be suitable for use whilst pregnant, trying for a baby and when breastfeeding. The amount of essential oils included should pose no problem, we understand that in the practice of aromatherapy where a high concentration of oils are applied to the skin certain oils are to be avoided, however the amount of essential oils included in our cosmetics should pose no problem.

We feel that our 'Therapy' Massage Bar is especially lovely for 'Mums to be', as it can be used to keep tummy's moisturised. Any products that moisturise the body and help to keep the skin supple and stretchable (to help prevent stretch marks) will be ideal for you at this time. Our 'Butterball' Bath Ballistic is another good choice (soothing fragrance and contains pieces of real cocoa butter for moisturising the skin) and either of our body moisturisers will be suitable. The 'Dream Cream' hand and body lotion is great for especially dry skins and 'Sympathy For The Skin' is a moisturising cream which can be used after a bath/shower to keep skin soft and supple to help prevent stretch marks.

Thank you for the time taken to contact us. We do hope you will continue to enjoy Lush products in the future and if you have any further comments or queries do not hesitate to contact us again.

I hope this helps you, but please email [email protected] if we can be of any further assistance, or call us on +44 (0)1202 668545 if your query is urgent we are open 9am-9pm Monday to Fridays and 10am-4pm (GMT) Saturdays, Sundays, and bank holidays, as I am only in the office part time.

This is such a relief to hear that all Lush products are safe to use while pregnant. I love my Lush, and was really concerned about this issue. Thanks so much for posting this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->