Can I?

~ Vicky ~

<3 Proud Mummy <3
Reaction score
Okay, this is probably going to sound like such a stupid question.

I've been weighing up the pro's and con's lately of bottle feeding vs breastfeeding, and i've decided I 100% want to go with breastfeeding. It seems better for the baby plus I have no OH to get jealous of not being able to help feed and I feel it'll help me bond with my daughter.

Anyway, I have quite flat nipples so will I still be able to do it with no problems? They only really stick out when it's cold :blush: I really want to do this though, so will it hold me back or is there 'something' out there that will be able to help me?

Just want to be prepared, really.

Thank you!

I have flat nipples too but I breastfed Grace and it just kind of happened. Once she started rooting around that area they tended to come out automatically. I thought it would be a problem too but it's not really. And if you do have trouble your MW might advise something you can do to help them along

When a baby latches on, the most important thing is not your nipple. Their mouth (well Caitlyn's anyway I'm not an expert) is placed around your aresol (I don't know how that's spelt but the dark bit round your nipple!)

Again, not an expert, but I know women with inverted nipples can breastfeed, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

Awesome, thank you. That's put my mind at ease a little.

if you have problems you can buy nipple guards they are great :)

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->