Can lh surges change in length from cycle to cycle?

mod19

Reaction score
I ask because I normally get 2 days of positive opks. This time I didn't even get 1. Yesterday morning the line was finally getting darker and I assumed that I would see a positive today or tomorrow, but it's clearly negative, like no second line in sight. I tested last night and the line was also hardly there. So is it possible to usually have 2 days of positive opks and then completely miss my surge another? I've been testing morning and night for 5 days, and yesterday mornings was the only one that was obviously there, but not positive.

Thanks!

I would keep testing thats happened to.me the opk went to barely there and bam very dark and positive next day. Tou might have missed the surge thats happened to me it can last a few hrs or 2 days. I usually have a 2 day surge i have also had 1 and a 3 day surge but only once. You mught have od bylut inwouod keep testing for a week to.make sure

yes lp can be different every cycle but only by 1-2days.

You probably missed ur surge, some cycles surge can be really short. LH can be effected by lot of factors and some cycles it can be high and long and some cycles it will go high for couple hours and drop back.

I have pcos so my LH is usually pretty high and i always would get 3-4days of surge but since i have been lowering my LH with diet and pills, i only get a day or 2 of dark opks. Its crazy how LH levels can change in couple weeks.

Did u change ur diet this cycle? are u doing anything different?

Diet has definitely changed! Dh and I have stopped eating out so much and have started cooking every night with leftovers for lunch the next day. Basically we're trying to save money.

Can that really affect it?

I've also been unusually sad and really missing my family (I live across the country from them). Lots of things going on there that I won't get in to.

Also, last cycle i completely missed my surge because I o'd about 10 days sooner than normal, around cd8, whereas I normally o around cd18. But that was a stressful month (dd 1st bday, parents coming to town, painting, cleaning, etc) and didn't think much of it.

This cycle ewcm was right on schedule with normal ovulation.

Stress and diet definitely can effect ur cycles. Keep eating healthy, it will do wonders to your hormone balance and cycles. Also track ur cycles to see whats happening but i wouldn't be so worried if ovulation day moves around and LH surge gets shorter/longer.

Where does ur family live?

They live in Wisconsin and I'm stuck in TX cuz dh has a 12 yo daughter that lives here. The stress with being so unhappy lately us getting to me (to the point that I'm bringing home boxes from work and stashing them away for "just incase" dh messes up again)

Oh that's really far, how long have you been away from ur family? If it's really effecting ur health, maybe try sharing it with ur husband. What do you mean by "he messes up" ?

It's been 3 years now, and he knows, and he says sorry, but nothing can really be done, or won't be done.

He didn't have the best upbringing, although he'll argue to the death to defend his parents. Him and his brother have major anger issues and his sister suffers from depression. His brother has been to therapy for his, but dh refuses to go. He's never hit me, but he thinks the way he acts is ok. During an argument he will yell, scream, not let me finish semtences, get in my face, stomp around and slam doors. He reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum honestly, and his brother does/did the same thing. Our dryer broke and I had a ton of laundry I was in the middle of doing so I asked him to go pick up a $40 from down the street from craigslist, but he wanted to fix ours (turns out I was right as it was a $500 fix, and we only spent $600 brand new). Anyways, no matter how calm I remain during an argument he just can't stop himself. The dryer day he made dd cry twice from scaring her by yelling. As I was walking out the door at 8pm, with about 6 loads of laundry and a tired 11 month old, he wanted to apologize. I didn't let him, and I didn't say I'm sorry. I said "just because you're not hitting me, doesnt mean it's not abuse. You will not yell in front of Laken again. I've asked you again and again not to, but you ignore me. If it happens again I'm done. I'm packing up and I'm taking her home". So yeah that happened.

My mom has seen dd more than his has. Mine lives 1200 moles away and his lives 15 minutes. At dd birthday party his dad was telling my dad how close to us they live, yet he's only seen her a handful of times. My parents would kill to see her more, and his don't make any sort of effort to, not to mention she has cousins that want to play with her and are closer in age to her there. It breaks their hearts, and it kills me.

I know that bringing another child into this relationship isn't the best thing right now, but we both want another one, and things have gotten much better since I laid everything out that night. But I also know that if we have #2, financially we will need to move to WI where we will have access to free childcare (retired dad and sahm sister). The wrong reason? Probably, but dd would love a full time playmate and I want her to have a sibling to grow up with. There's a 9 year age gap between me and my sister's and I was the annoying sibling that wouldn't go away.

Sorry for the book! Guess I really needed to get it out.

I recently started eating healthy and lost almost 50 lbs and it really messed my cycle up. You would think that eating better would help, right? LoL

I am also in Texas and family is in CA. Trying to convince them to move because I absolutely love Texas. I know how hard it can be to miss family.

Mod don't worry about how long ur reply gets, I'm here to listen :hugs:

I do hav anger issues myself too and it's really hard to control. I'm sure he doesn't mean it. It's hard to deal with angry husband and missing your family but I think having an other baby may take your mind off how much u miss your family.

I feel like most ppl will tell you to break it off and not hav a child again, but I believe marriage is not a easy thing and best thing you can do is to help him see what he is doing wrong and maybe he will reach for help.

I recently started eating healthy and lost almost 50 lbs and it really messed my cycle up. You would think that eating better would help, right? LoL

I am also in Texas and family is in CA. Trying to convince them to move because I absolutely love Texas. I know how hard it can be to miss family.

You love Texas? Oh man lol I'm on the complete opposite spectrum. I honestly believe I will die in a carvaccident. No joke. I will only take back roads or frontage roads, and that still doesn't get me away from the madness. If I could go one day to work and back without having to slam on my breaks, swerve into the grass, or having someone so far up my ass that I can't even tell what they're driving, I'd be happy.

Summary: Texans are HORRIBLE drivers. And horrible is an understatement. Honestly, how do you roll your car...alone?!

Rant over.

Mod don't worry about how long ur reply gets, I'm here to listen :hugs:

I do hav anger issues myself too and it's really hard to control. I'm sure he doesn't mean it. It's hard to deal with angry husband and missing your family but I think having an other baby may take your mind off how much u miss your family.

I feel like most ppl will tell you to break it off and not hav a child again, but I believe marriage is not a easy thing and best thing you can do is to help him see what he is doing wrong and maybe he will reach for help.

And I understand it is an issue for him, but I will not raise my daughter in a hostile environment. But like I said, things have gotten so much better. Hes even finally started playing with her instead of acting like shes a burden. Plus, if we are able to have a second, I can't see myself ever regretting it. If #2 is half as awesome as dd I'd still be thrilled.

You love Texas? Oh man lol I'm on the complete opposite spectrum. I honestly believe I will die in a carvaccident. No joke. I will only take back roads or frontage roads, and that still doesn't get me away from the madness. If I could go one day to work and back without having to slam on my breaks, swerve into the grass, or having someone so far up my ass that I can't even tell what they're driving, I'd be happy.

Summary: Texans are HORRIBLE drivers. And horrible is an understatement. Honestly, how do you roll your car...alone?!

Rant over.

What part of Texas are you in? Sounds like Houston lol.. I am way out in the country so I never encounter traffic where I am. I am 8 miles out of our 3000 person town. Texas is a place where you either love it or hate it. Sorry you aren't happy. :(

Rant over.

What part of Texas are you in? Sounds like Houston lol.. I am way out in the country so I never encounter traffic where I am. I am 8 miles out of our 3000 person town. Texas is a place where you either love it or hate it. Sorry you aren't happy. :(

I'm in Fort Worth, but I've heard Houston is bad too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->