Can low progesterone levels lead to miscarriage?

adr75050

Reaction score
I got pregnant through IVF so I have to inject progesterone every night. My doctor instructed me to stop injections for one evening so she could test my natural levels to see if I am producing it on my own. My blood test today determined a level of 11.9 and they want at least 15 before they stop progesterone. So I am back on it as of today. My question is can missing that one dose lead to miscarriage? Can low progesterone levels lead or contribute to miscarriage?

Now they have me all worried.

Previously I was injecting 1ML daily at 50 mg. Now they told me to take vaginal suppositories two times a day at 100 mg. So they did up my dose.

11 isnt terribly low but its creeping towards the lower range. No, 1 day will not cause m/c.

if youre on prog or not, a m/c can still happen. Of course i hope it doesnt, none of us do! I would 110% stay on the supplements though!

Normal levels start at 9 ng/ml. So your 11 was not within the low range, it was normal. They probably want to make sure it's higher than that before they stop so they can be confident of your ability to sustain the levels on your own. I don't think one missed dose could be responsible for a MC.

Low progesterone levels are linked with miscarriage, BUT those may have been pregnancies that would not have succeeded even with supplements.

I'm on a high level of progesterone 400mg daily. In previous pregnancy there was a day I fell asleep before inserting so missed a dose and all was fine x

My level 11 progestrone with no supplements ever is now nearly 2. Good luck xx

I took 200mg progesterone until 12 weeks, missing one day isn't going to cause a miscarriage. Stick with it and it should be fine, like the other girls said, just because you are taking it doesn't mean it will prevent a mc so just know when it is early there is nothing that could have been done to prevent it. I think you are fine and hope this is you rainbow. Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->