Can milk supply be affected by one day of little nursing?

Peppermint25

Reaction score
Hello,

Usually I have very firm full breasts and an over supply of milk. Two days ago we were out for the whole day and my baby fed very little and refused my breasts. I think it was because there was too much going on and she was being very nosey. She did however feed well when we got home at about 6pm. Due to her feeding little that day my boobs were sore and like rocks!

The next day she fed like normal, however they seemed a little less full and more floppy. Then today, since I woke up I have noticed that they seem very floppy and not at all firm like they usually are. She is also wanting to nurse every hour and doesn't seem full. She keeps crying and wanting more.

Has anyone experienced similar or got advice? I am trying to out her to nurse as often as I can so as to try and increase my supply. Could one day of little nursing have caused this? She is 12 weeks and iv never had this problem before.

Sounds like typical growth spurt behaviour and your supply regulating coinciding with a day of less nursing. I absolutely would not worry xx

Sounds like typical growth spurt behaviour and your supply regulating coinciding with a day of less nursing. I absolutely would not worry xx

Thanks for your reply and reassurance. Do you think if she has been constantly on the boob all day it should increase somewhat?x

I don't think your supply has gone down excessively to be honest probably just regulated to baby's needs but if it has dropped which I think unlikely, then yes frequent feeding will bring it back up again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->