Can my dog know before I do?

nalavarado

Reaction score
Hi,

I am TTC and am about just under week away from being able to test.
My boxer girl dog has become really whiny and calm the last week or so, and just sits at our feet - very unusual as she is only 18 mths old and is usually bouncing off the walls.

Could she possibly know something i don't??????

My dog definitely knew - in fact, it was her behaving strangely that made me retest (I'd tested the day before and got a BFN - not even a hint of a line). She's a jack russell so very bouncy but one day she was so clingy, wanted to sit in my lap, followed me around. I'm about to go into my sixth week and she's still exactly the same! Everytime I stop she walks up the back of me!

My mum and dad's dog was very much the same! I went round and he followed me everywhere, he got so agitated whenever anyone came close to me and literally didn't leave my side! I think it is totally possible. I have everything crossed for you!xx

Everytime my dog Merlin, (long haired dachschund) looks at me, he turns his head to the side as if puzzled, "somethings different about you" lol he's so sweet and loving naturally and he's just been more of that lately. :) just that puzzled look like, he's confused or something lol :) "how'd that get in there" lol

Is this only girl dogs or have people experienced this with boy dogs?

I have an 8 month old boxer boy.

xxx

Is this only girl dogs or have people experienced this with boy dogs?

I have an 8 month old boxer boy.

xxx

my dog Merlin is a boy dog, and I'm sure he can sense what's going on :)

I think we posted at the same time!! Thanks!!

I am not TTC till november but it will give me something else to look out for.

xxx

First of all I loveeeeeee boxers!! My mom had one for 12 years and sadly we had to have him put to sleep 5th of July I am still heartbroken secondly I am happy to share with you that "Ricky" that was his name was VERYYY protective over my bump before I even knew I was pregnant...Hope I was a help and also hope you dont mind I have addeda couple of pics of him
I dogs,My belongs to a boxer in heaven

Attachments

• l_80421ff5c89c393cbee314a39f26f25d.jpg
    l_80421ff5c89c393cbee314a39f26f25d.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
  • l_b18d25d5af93473e9e23d2ed57a91f15.jpg
    l_b18d25d5af93473e9e23d2ed57a91f15.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
If we are swapping boxer pics... here is mine....

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs468.snc3/25692_415181213967_744658967_5236930_3924569_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs468.snc3/25692_415181218967_744658967_5236931_3891172_n.jpg

He was only about 4 months in those....

xxx

Love the pics!

Dogs definately have a sense (as do cats!) My dog sits right on my tummy now which he never did before! I'm convinced he can hear baby's heartbeat.

xxxxxx

Hi,

Well still no sign of :af: and boxer girl still acting weird - she now treating her toy like a puppy. I know she's deffo not pregnant!! I did read something online about how dogs can have fake pregnancies - so could be that - but i'd still like to think she knows something i don't!

I will keep you all posted.

:dust:

I have a two year old jack russell who has become extremely clingy aroudn me and always wants cuddles. They dont know your pregnant, They can just smell the difference in chemicals your body is emiting and realise that something is different. Sometimes the can get clingy cuz they are scared as they dont know what it is. Sometimes they get calm, and occasionally they get more agitated. But yes i do belive dogs can smell the changes in our hormones and act accordingly.

:)

My St Bernard definitely knew before any IC picked it up. In fact he started sniffing my belly with persistence from the day I came back from the clinic with the embryos in my uterus. He still is very very protective of me and checks my bump every morning when I wake up and every time I come back after any absence as if to check I brought Miss LHB back too :)

OHH! So adorable!

My little girly chihuahua has been very very clingy (shes normally super-independant) for the past week or so... she's just lovely though! I think she knows :)

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
First of all I loveeeeeee boxers!! My mom had one for 12 years and sadly we had to have him put to sleep 5th of July I am still heartbroken secondly I am happy to share with you that "Ricky" that was his name was VERYYY protective over my bump before I even knew I was pregnant...Hope I was a help and also hope you dont mind I have addeda couple of pics of him
I dogs,My belongs to a boxer in heaven

Hi Daisy - i also had a 12 year boxer, named max (hence my username) but unfortunately i had to have him put down last week as he was too ill. i am absolutely heartbroken. i feel like i have lost part of my family. I believe he is up in doggy heaven too. i love boxers - they are so adorable.

I think my cats knew something was up when I was first pregnant. They were very clingy (more than usual) and followed me everywhere.

This time around, they're acting more affectionate and one of the cats will follow me up to the bedroom at night then settle down by my side of the bed. She'll stay there till morning.

this is a cool thread. i have a boxer as well. we got him from a military family that didn't have time for him last year. he is five this year. my old boxer passed away right before i got stationed in germany. he was everything to me, and my whole heart, but i was happy he didn't have to make the long trip at an old age and that he went peacefully. anyhow, my new boxer is pretty independent. i get home and get on the computer and he does his own thing. bones, toys, sleeping, etc. well recently he's had to practically lay on top of me. tonight i'm at the dinner table trying to type and he keeps sticking his head under my elbow and putting his huge head on my lap. and even rubbing himself all over me and laying down in front of me. not sure if it's just a coincidence, but it would be very interesting to know!

We've got a boy cat, he's normally very independent and doesn't like a lot of fuss, but for a couple of weeks he's been so lovey dovey and he's even curled up on my tummy a couple of times. I think he knows...

My pets definitely knew - I had all 5 cats trying to sit on my lap at the same time! lol
I am a self employed dog trainer & behaviourist so do lots of demo's with my dogs in front of crowds of people but my 18mth old Eurasier (Pictured in my aviator) wouldnt do his 'sit stays' as he wont leave my side! Soooo embarrasing lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->