Can opk pick up pregnancy before a hpt?

tryingforno2

Mother to 2 and trying
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering I have read on here that opk can show pregnancy before a hpt? Is that true!

It's just I did a opk and hpt with the same fmu and I got a line on my opk but think it's too early on my hpt? They are ic pregnancy tests? I'm only 9dpo so what do you think?? X

Thanks ladies and baby dust to you all?? X

Okay I have heard both, that you can and that you cant. But I think the new First Response tests can be used 6 days before AF is due, so I would head to the pharmacy. I know that if you have a super dark ovulation line it is a good sign that you could be on your way to a BFP!!! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!! :D
If you check out my post in the gallery of pregnancy test you can see my 9DPO, FRER so I "think" they work early!!

YES. with my the pregnancy i mc'ed i got a postive opk before i did my hpt infact it was the postive opk that made me test! x

Thanks ladies, the line wasn't as dark as the control line on the opk, does mean it don't count? I'm only 9dpo so hpt isn't giving me a + yet lol! X

Yes, it picks up the HCG before a pregnancy test does.

Even if it's just slighty less dark as the control line?? X

I read that an OPK will show a POS pregnancy but that the Hcg tests will show up positive first...Something about Hcg and LH are almost identical except the LH has something a little extra..does that make sense?...that is why an HCG test cant show ovulation cause the HCG doesnt have that extra chemical needed to show a pos OPK...Now this is just stuff I have read googling through my TWW so dont take my word for it...Hope you get you BFP! GL...:)

Hey Ladies so this morning I had a faint pos on a IC test and was reading this thread so for the heck of it I used an opk test and it came up a much darker positive like a pos opk should be it was Alllllmost as dark as the control line just a 1/2 hair lighter...so if I indeed turn out to be preggo and my test this morning was a BFP then ya the opk gave me a darker positive than the regular pregnancy test did. And I know for sure Im not ovulating lol so we'll see how this little experiment turns out :)

Wow. So ic I'm lucky if I wait a few more days and test again mAybe I will get my bfp?? My opk was about half as dark As the control line so maybe a few days will give me a bfp?? You have all given me a new breathe of hope!!!!

hey hun i saw your thread earlier and im 12dpo so i said id use an opk and see what happened and it came out positive also! hopefully its a good sign lol fingers crossed for everyone! xxx

Hope this is our month ladies! I must say I do "feel" pregnant and I haven't felt like this since trying to conceive x

Hi , didn't want to RnR it's nice to see I'm not the only one peeing on an opk after ov! I got a faint line today not with fmu tho so not sure it's accurate! But looking for any good signs lol!!!

Fingers crossed for u xxxxxxx

I read that an OPK will show a POS pregnancy but that the Hcg tests will show up positive first...Something about Hcg and LH are almost identical except the LH has something a little extra..does that make sense?...that is why an HCG test cant show ovulation cause the HCG doesnt have that extra chemical needed to show a pos OPK...Now this is just stuff I have read googling through my TWW so dont take my word for it...Hope you get you BFP! GL...:)
Yes but keep in mind there will always be 2 lines on an OPK.

The chemical posting is true. OPK's detect SURGES if there is a SURGE of a hormone, it will detect it with a VERY dark line. HOWEVER, they are NOT pregnancy tests and getting excited for a :bfp: with a positive OPK is setting yourself up for possible disappointment. I say this because again, they are NOT pregnancy tests. If you do not want to live your TTC journey on a roller coaster of ups and downs, (which can't be good for your body) then leave the OPK's for ovulation only.

Yes but keep in mind there will always be 2 lines on an OPK.

The chemical posting is true. OPK's detect SURGES if there is a SURGE of a hormone, it will detect it with a VERY dark line. HOWEVER, they are NOT pregnancy tests and getting excited for a :bfp: with a positive OPK is setting yourself up for possible disappointment. I say this because again, they are NOT pregnancy tests. If you do not want to live your TTC journey on a roller coaster of ups and downs, (which can't be good for your body) then leave the OPK's for ovulation only.

I for one would never test for pregnancy by using an OPK. I'm just saying from what others have said, it CAN pick up HCG but it doesn't mean it's reliable. Like I said, there will always be 2 lines on an OPK so to cut out all the confusion I would rather invest in a HPT and find out the right way.

Ladies, please also keep in mind that it is not unusual to get another LH surge before AF; try and use OPKs as OPKs and HPTs as HPTs. I am not saying not to play, but don't call a BFP strictly from a positive OPK. FX'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->