Can opk pick up pregnancy before a hpt?

Ladies, please also keep in mind that it is not unusual to get another LH surge before AF; try and use OPKs as OPKs and HPTs as HPTs. I am not saying not to play, but don't call a BFP strictly from a positive OPK. FX'd.

I didn't know about the second LH surge, it's a good thing to know thanks for the info!!

Thanks ladies, I only ever get lines on a opk close to ovulation I never alway get lines thanks for honesty I feel like you have made me realise this may not be a sign but fingers crossed xx

Morning! I POAS this morning too on a sensitive ic but it was negative :( thing is from my chart I can see I haven't had a dip in temp yet which usually means implantation so maybe thats why!!! Its weird you get a line on an OPK! I hope thats a good sign..are you going to test? x

Hi cd! I think I'm just gona wait until af is late or shows he'd face! I dont wanna see that bfn boo!! X

I dont blame you....I felt sick when I saw it was just 1 line....I hate it but every morning now I get tempted this morning I gave in...bet I will do it again tomorrow lol x

Your stronger then me then, I got so excited to see 2 lines on a test even I'd it wAs an opk lol!!! Well af is due Sunday so if she ain't here will test Monday :) hoping this is our month lady!! Fx for you tomorrow xx

Mine is due Sunday too and I as well plan on waiting until Monday :thumbup:
Let's see if we actually make it, lol, I don't think I will because I feel different this cycle. Examples being that my temp is still up, and I had what felt like implantation cramping... among other minor things that can be either way like gas LOL.

It's weird cos I feel really different this cycle, completely different to all the other months, I never felt this doubtful other months but this one is weird?? I jut don't know why, I have been cramping for the last 2days my boobs go from fine to sore to fine in like 10mins? My back has been aching and my boobs are defo bigger? I don't know what's going on? Fx for you all xxx

I wouldn't really take it as a sign unless your late / get a BFP... I got super + OPKs CD41,42,43 :shrug: so I'm guessing I O'd super late (I didn't get those super + OPKs til I was a couple days late for AF) I'm now 11 days late.. still BFNs ...unless I am in fact only 5dpo :wacko:

also read that you have another LH surge before AF..

I read that an OPK will show a POS pregnancy but that the Hcg tests will show up positive first...Something about Hcg and LH are almost identical except the LH has something a little extra..does that make sense?...that is why an HCG test cant show ovulation cause the HCG doesnt have that extra chemical needed to show a pos OPK...Now this is just stuff I have read googling through my TWW so dont take my word for it...Hope you get you BFP! GL...:)

you got it backwards - the HCG has the little something extra, thats why OPKs can show pregnancy but HPTs can't show O (HPTs pick up the little something extra) this explains it :)
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Hey all just thought I would chime back in. I was infact pregnant :) I confirmed with multiple other tests and cb digital...anyway the ic opk I took was twice as dark as the ic pregnancy test I took. The opk was pretty much positive by ovulation standards it was very dark and just a hair lighter than the control line when I used a ic hcg test with the same sample of urine I got a VERY faint positive that barely had color, so I would say yes opk "can" detect sooner/ or at least give a darker line sooner than the cheap hcg tests (keep in mind I got a nice dark positive on a frer and digital the same day that I had a barely their squint to see bfp on a internet cheapie. In the future I think the cheap opk tests are great and work just as well as expensive ones but the expensive hcg tests take away a lot of the guess work. If I hadn't taken a FRER I would still be questioning the VERY faint bfp I got on the ic ....Just thought I would share. So yes the OPK gave me a nice pink positive and I am indeed preggo.

Usually you'd get a positive HPT before OPK. But it's possible to get a positive opk first, but shortly followed by a positive hpt. It's either pregnancy, a surge before AF, OR your really about to ovulate. xx

i am 8dpo today and have had very + opk's since 5dpo. that's when cramping started. i have done 2 hpt's but of course bfn....far too early!! i hope that it's a good sign for me but wont get my hopes up!!

Just wanted to add that I have had very negative (no line) OPK's and I got a BFP today.

Congrats Vaurissa!!!! Have a H&H 9 months!! :hugs:

Did the OP get her bfp yet?

Yes, it picks up the HCG before a pregnancy test does.

Just wanted to add, if it wasn't seen, that mine did not. I had a BFP and a neg OPK yesterday. It must depend upon the individual because there are people out there I have read about that are the dead opposite.

I used answer brand since having my iud fall out. I had nothing but the control line show up until positive opk about 2 weeks ago. Then back to stark white. Then yesterday got a faint line on opk.

Going to buy hpt in a few hours.
I have heard allot of people say they always get 2 lines on opks but I only did when it was a true positive and the test was as dark as the control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->