Can OPKs be wrong?

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
I am on my first month of 100mg clomid, 50 mg failed to make me ovulate, had a follicle tracking scan today which showed a large follicle on my left ovary, (much to my surprise!) but the opks I have been doing have been negative? there was a line on them, but not a strong one, so I'm thinking somehow the OPKs are wrong possibly? (I'm pretty sure I had a false positive last month?)
or my body cannot get the LH surge to make me ovulate? or is it possible it's just a bit too early still? even though the follicle was either 20mm or 24mm (I'm not sure because the ultrasound tech said 20mm but the results printed said 24mm) ....?

Thanks for your help xxx

www.peeonastick.com has some useful info on OPK's

It's SUPER easy to miss your surge with line tests, have you thought about trying digital OPK's?

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkodyssey.html

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

These links should help ease your mind :) Just beacause you didn't get a positive yet doesnt mean you havent already or arent going to. Those OPK's can be tricky! Time of day is a big factor too.

Thanks Hun :) I've done 2 opks today, one late morning with very concentrated urine! lol and one this afternoon which was much more dilute, both negative :( but you never know hey :) I hope I ovulate tomorrow or the day after - allows more time for :spermy: lol!!! xxxxx

I seem to be having the same problem! I have been testing 2 times a day because I felt like i was missing it. I usually get a faint line, but never dark enough for it to be considered positive... Very frustrating! I am also on clomid and metformin.. This is my first cycle on the meds!

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

hking what cd are you sweetie? are you having follicle tracking done too? xxx

I am cd 20.. Not technically, I work in radiology though so I did have the US tech do a scan on me cd 11 and I had 3 large follicles on my right side and it looked like a few on my left (although my left ovary lies very midline and is hard to see when not doing a transvag).. What cd are you? Did you have any side effects from the clomid or from going from 50mg to 100mg? Also did you have tests done before going on clomid? My dr did none... so Im kind of afraid to put to much hope on it just yet cause nothing else was ruled out before i began it!

so have you had opks that look near positive? I'm cd 17 now, was cd 16 when they did the scan. Am really annoyed with myself for not going to scan sooner when I was supposed to lol. I don't think I had any side effects really, not that I can recall, did you? I was already diagnosed with PCOS when I was a teenager (cause of acne + very irregular periods) but before they referred me to a FS they insisted on repeating a blood test & scan, which just showed again that I had pcos, but apart from that no, they said if the next couple rounds don't work I think they might book me in for a lap & dye, oh and I had to get my OH's sperm tested. Do ovulate/ get periods without the clomid? x x x

yeah, for example i did a test last thursday the 20th and it was negative, i didn't do one friday because I stay at the hospital friday morning til sunday morning so it wouldn't have mattered anyway! I took one saturday night and got a faint line, sunday morning negative and again on sunday night with a faint line, monday negative... Its just so frustrating! My periods are very normal even without the clomid.. 28 days, although I do cramp very badly and have many blood clots! I've been having problems with the opks since vie started using them! My dr told me it wasn't necessary to have my husband sperm tested just yet or for me to have an hsg, she didn't even do blood work on me! Im just hoping this works cause if not we're back at square one! I don't think the clomid caused any side effects, its hard to tell though cause i am also taking 1500mg of metformin a day, which has definitely affected me! Abdominal cramps, diarrhea, loss of appetite, gas, bloating and a general sense of feeling blahh! Not bad enough for me to stop taking them, but I have had some bad days! You may talk to your dr. about trying metformin, I know multiple people with pcos who have has success with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->