Can Ov Strips Pick Up HCG

mummy_of_two

Reaction score
Sorry ladies just a quick question when im due to test next week i was wondering i got some OV strips so was wondering can they pick up HCG too??? :wacko:

I've heard they can, let us know how it goes!

Yes but not a reliable way of detecting a pregnancy & really shouldn't be used.

A ovulation test will often show a second line - when using to detect ovulation it is only positive when the second line is as dark or darker than the control line.

OPKs are not as sensitive as normal pg tests so you would be likely to get a positive PG test before an OPK will detect a pregnancy.

Basically yes they can, but long after you would get a good positive on a HCG test. If you want early detection then pg tests are the best way to go.

Hiya

You can use Ovulation detectors as a Pregnancy test - But you would get a positive reading on the Ovulation test if you were actually ovulating, so its best to use a HPT.
The reason you can use ovulation predictors as a pregnancy test, because the hormones they both detect (Lutenising Hormone in Ovulation detectors and HCG in Pregnancy tests) are both molecularly the same, so an ovulation detector will show a positive result if it detects the presence of either HCG or LH.

Hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->