Can ovulation cause a false BFP? Confused!

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Hi guys.

So I haven't even ovulated yet this cycle (or I am just gearing up to now) but since the end of my 7 day long period my breasts hurt... I am now 13dpo and they are still tender. I have also been feeling crampy...
So I decided to take a FRER after DH suggested it (we had one left in the cupboard). Well, I got a light positive.
I don't know how this is possible?
So I was wondering if maybe I am about to ovulate and it caused a false BFP?

Thanks for any input x

Ovulation wouldnt cause a positive.
Do u have a pic?
Did it come up.after time limit?

Do you have a pic? I don't know why ovulation would cause a positive, but at the same time I've seen a few women on here have the same thing happen (a light + during ovulation) and have it be nothing. I guess it would depend on how dark the test was. I would think a hpt that long after you ovulated last month would have to be pretty dark by now...

Hi girls thanks for your responses.

No I don't have a pic sorry. But it was a definite pink line (I have been TTC for 2 years with losses so I know FRERs back to front lol).
I took another test today and bfn (which is good, I was really worried).
Yeh it was my thought that the line would be darker if it was a legit BFP.

I'm still all sore but maybe it is just because I am sick. I just worry so much about delaying my TTC journey...

Thanks again and good luck to you all x

Are you on CD13 or 13DPO? (how are you dpo if you haven't ovulated is my question, I guess!).

Could your 'period' have been a (long?!) implantation bleed?

Did u do it with an opk as that can cause a false positive- the chemicals in the 2 tests react together badly.

Ahhhh sorry I don't know why I wrote 13dpo-- I was only cd13!! My mind was a bit crazy when writing it. I was worried but I'm not worried about it anymore. I must have just used a faulty test.

No my period was 7 days so I think that's a bit long for ib :)
I saw my dr today and he told me not to worry and that I'm probably just achey from the flu.

Ttc drives me crazy! Lol

My period is always 7 days :( ever since I was 10 years old!!! My friends all get like 3 day periods. So jealous lol

Mine is like 10 days on the implanon. Hoping it goes down to less than 7 when it comes out!

Oh I hope so for you. When are you going to start trying? Exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->