Can some women only carry one sex

HayleyZahra

Mummy and WTT <3
Reaction score
I wanted to ask, some people are really lucky and get both genders, but ive noticed sometimes people will have 3 girls and cant seem to have a boy, or 3 boys and no girl! i am having a girl but hope so much for a boy next time as i dont want to have anymore after that and my dream is to have one off both!

Is there anyway some women just cant carry a certain sex, i seem to notice that girls run alot in my family, and im so scared that im more likely to have girls, does anyone know why some women just seem to have the same gender and not beable to produce both!

Also is there ways to boost your chances off having a boy or girl

xxxx

It really depends on the male, some men will produce mostly male or female sperm and if he continues to produce with the same woman chances are they will have repeat genders.. But ive known people to have 5 girls and number 6 is a boy so who knows!

You as the woman have really very little to do with it being male or female. It is your partners sperm that determines sex. There are some studies that show that if you have sex closer to ovulation you will increase the chances of having a boy and further from ovulation will increase the chances of a girl.

I think it just depends on which sperm get there first.
My family is all girls, I have 9 girl cousins and only 1 boy in the family and im having a boy.
There are certain women that can only carry a certain sex, that usually ends in a 2nd trimester miscarriage I believe I have read.

theres this girl i know and she had a boy with one guy, than she met someone else and went on to have 2 more kids and they were boys too!
so thats 2 different men and she still had boys!

xxxx

I think there's something to that theory. Maybe some women's bodies are more accommodating to either male or female sperm?!

I only have a sister who has had 2 girls, I already have a daughter and found out today that this one is a girl too.

With my daughter we dtd 3 days before ovulation so would have been more likely to conceive a girl however this time I'd just had a miscarriage and was using opk's. One day by surprise I got a positive just as my oh had gone to work on a long afternoon shift so it was more than 12 hours after the positive opk and ovulation pain that we dtd and it's a girl. I was convinced it should be a boy with this xx

I agree there is no way for the women to determine gender, your egg is literally just an egg but the mans sperm is either male or female so like the PP said, there is no way for the woman to be in control of that.

They actually have done some research recently where the egg chooses which sperm may fertilize it. If majority of sperm are carrying XX (girls) then ofcourse the egg will allow the XX to enter, however, if provided the opportunity the egg can choose between a XX or XY sperm!!!

I also remember something about when women consciously get pregnant or find out after the fact. They found that women tend to carry more male babies if they were unaware or not planning to get pregnant, whereas more female babies if they were keen to get pregnant.

I watched it on Discovery Channel in a show called "Inside the Womb".

To add to this; genetics also plays a big part. My sister and many of my cousins have their first born a girl, and then a boy. I also have a girl, and am waiting to find out what to expect this time around. Like you, I am hoping for a boy so that I can have one of each and be done as my body doesnt agree with being pregnant.

There are also certain medical complications where women simply cannot carry a certain gender past a certain gestational age. One of my aunts could never carry a boy past 12 weeks, she had to take some herbal or homeopathy medication which allowed her to carry her little boy to term.

They actually have done some research recently where the egg chooses which sperm may fertilize it. If majority of sperm are carrying XX (girls) then ofcourse the egg will allow the XX to enter, however, if provided the opportunity the egg can choose between a XX or XY sperm!!!

I also remember something about when women consciously get pregnant or find out after the fact. They found that women tend to carry more male babies if they were unaware or not planning to get pregnant, whereas more female babies if they were keen to get pregnant.

thanks for the reply!
very interesting i want to watch this now
xxxx

i have three girls and now pregnant with my boy... its all in the males sperm.....

my mum couldn't carry boys. i have one sister but my mum also had a number of pregnancies with boys but never managed to carry one long enough to survive x

thanks for the reply!
very interesting i want to watch this now
xxxx

They had the whole series of this show and its quite amazing to watch. They had one episode about twins and another on multiple births. There was one about different animals developing inside the womb too. :thumbup:

hi hun xx
as far as i know it def down to the male on what gender the baby is...they say you may be able to predect it depending on timing and posotioning during concieving but i dont know! i mean you take what you get as a blessing...you cant give it back anyway haha!
i have two beatiful boys at home and when i had second mc my dr passed a remark that maybe i couldnt carry girls but i dont know what he ment by it...id love a little baby grl yea to finish my family off but hey who cares if im destined for boys then so be it xx

I had 2 boys and 2 girls with my late husband in the order boy, girl, boy, girl and now I am pregnant with boy/girl twins with my new husband. That being said it would look like it was me that controlled this but the women above are right its the male that carries either x or y to make a girl or boy

i think the egg decides which sperm to accept but i dont think it has to do with gender more than health of the sperm

my mum couldn't carry boys. i have one sister but my mum also had a number of pregnancies with boys but never managed to carry one long enough to survive x

Hmm I was interested to see what would cause that and apparently it would be caused by a damaged X chromosome. Since females have two X Chromosomes they can become unknowing carriers of X chromosome disorders (an example is Females take one X from the mother and one X from the father. If they inherit a bad chromosome from their mother then the fathers X chromosome takes over. Males, however, only have one X Chromosome so the probability of inheriting the bad X chromosome from their mother and having an X Chromosome disorder is 50/50. This means if the X chromosome disorder is something that would cause a miscarriage then half the boys you got pregnant with would not carry to term.

Basically what that all means is that even with a genetic disorder it is still possible to carry boys, just less likely than it would be to carry girls - and possibly not at all if you are just that unlucky.

It really depends on the male, some men will produce mostly male or female sperm and if he continues to produce with the same woman chances are they will have repeat genders.. But ive known people to have 5 girls and number 6 is a boy so who knows!

Wait, how is this possible? Doesn't a single cell (XY) split into two to form sperm, therefore making a 50/50 ratio of X sperm and Y sperm?

Wait, how is this possible? Doesn't a single cell (XY) split into two to form sperm, therefore making a 50/50 ratio of X sperm and Y sperm?

Yes, the expected sperm sex ratio is 50/50, although studies show it to be more like 50.3% biased towards the Y Chromosome bearing.

Theres a woman who lives not far from me,she has 9 kids ...8 of them are girls she finally had a boy last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->