Can somebody help me dissect this?

dakotadawn

Reaction score
I have no idea what is happening to my body.

I started Sharobel (mini pill) on July 6th. I started bleeding on July 8th and bled for 6 days. On cd 19 of that cycle i started bleeding AGAIN for 17 DAYS. Seventeen. Please, kill me.

Anyway, I decided to come off of that pill 3 nights ago (so I've "missed" 3 pills now). I'm still not spotting at all.

Please tell me why I bled almost constantly while on it, and everything says you're supposed to spot when you miss pills but I'm not?

I've had some pretty severe cramping, mostly on the right side, for about 5 days now. Sore boobs too, which both started before I even stopped taking them.

I'll attach two photos of my calendar. Please dissect this with me!

I do have endometriosis and PCOS, however when I am not on any contraception my cycles are like clockwork 24-25 days. This screenshot was obviously taken a few days ago, but nothing has changed. My very last pill was on Wednesday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-53.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-20-50-56.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
Wish I could help, but I know nothing. Anything that involves abnormal vaginal bleeding is an immediate email or phone call to my doctor. She knows I'm overprotective of my lady bits haha.

I tried to contact my doctor for three days prior to stopping really birth control because I was in so much pain, but they wouldn't respond

Can you make an appointment? I am spoiled with kaiser so they have 24 hour advice nurses and online email and booking systems.

They are supposed to also have the 24 hour support and booking but they don't answer. I requested to see my doctor three times from Monday until Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. I don't know where else to go though because they have all of my medical history and it's been a pain to even get them here after seeing so many doctors

Yikes. I'm not sure it warrants an ER visit. That is so shady of them. I'm sorry. My only guess is you kept bleeding because of the new hormones, I really don't have any good advice. :(

Hi dakota
I went to read about it here https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-166810/sharobel-oral/details
one of the ways it prevents preg is by changing the uterine lining to make it harder for embryos to attach - so I would guess that is the reason for the extra shedding (bleeding). I did find it interesting that is contains only progestin BUT they state it only prevents half a woman's ovulations - Not half of women from ovulating, but half of ONE woman's O!?
So odd. Anyhoo, I did see a few ladies complaining about extra bleeding and prolonged bleeding, but medical sites only say you may have "spotting"
Perhaps it is just not the right pill for you. That would drive me batty

When I was on the mini pill I bled randomly on it and had crazy cramps with it. It takes about 3 months before it starts to tamper off with those symptoms.. For some women and can take longer.

Yeah i saw that people bled extra on it, but 17 days straight seemed a lot. Also, why am I not bleeding now that I'm off of it? Everything I read said spotting if you're late taking one and I haven't taken 3

well it's possible without the progestin, your estrogen is a bit higher now, which may mean your lining is rebuilding??
Hard to know, but you may still want to change to another bc

Hi don't know about your specific mini pill but I took a different brand cerazette and my normal bleed pattern on that was 5 weeks no bleed 21 days bleeding I kept hoping it would settle to something better but it didn't once I stopped it the bleeding stopped. My gp said the first 3 months I was on it could be constant bleeding and this was totally normal with it.

Still nothing. Everything I've read, including the pamphlet, says if you're even late taking this pill to expect some bleeding. I've been off of it for almost a week and still nothing.

Still nothing. Everything I've read, including the pamphlet, says if you're even late taking this pill to expect some bleeding. I've been off of it for almost a week and still nothing.

The pamphlet doesnt give you every single detail what they pill may do to you. When I stopped it the bleeding stopped too which was a relief.

I am relieved by not having the bleeding, but also anxious because now I don't know when it will come. I regret ever getting on this pill. I don't like not being in control.

I am relieved by not having the bleeding, but also anxious because now I don't know when it will come. I regret ever getting on this pill. I don't like not being in control.

I understand. I was so out of whack that my cycle would be as long as 50 days. Maybe it will start back on a regular cycle since you had the bleeding while on it. Mine started back up two weeks after I stopped it.

My normal cycles are every 23-25 days. If I had a 50 day cycle I would freak out haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->