• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can someone explain to me exactly how ovulation tests work please!?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
ive just suffered a miscarriage on 31/8 :cry: we are waiting for my af to arrive then we are going to start ttc again. I want to use ovulation tests to see when I am ovulating. But how do they work exactly? Do you test every day? How does the test show you're ovulating? TIA

ive just suffered a miscarriage on 31/8 :cry: we are waiting for my af to arrive then we are going to start ttc again. I want to use ovulation tests to see when I am ovulating. But how do they work exactly? Do you test every day? How does the test show you're ovulating? TIA

Depends on how long your cycles are but you can start testing around CD10, the test line needs to be as dark as the control line or darker for it to be positive, so a faint line is still a negative. I test everyday twice a day, one around 12 pm and again at 9 pm. First morning urine isn't a must!

It detects the LH surge 12-72 hours before ovulation but it can't actually confirm when exactly you ovulated so once you get that positive keep BD for 3 days straight, skip one day then BD again for good measure! Google sperm meets egg plan!

I buy the Internet cheapies since they're really cheap and come in a sizable quantity! (Wondfo off Amazon)

Hope that's helpful! Baby dust to you and so sorry about your loss. (hug)

I know I'm a Tad late but I wanted to reply as well

I test every day starting from after one or two days afterr the last day of af to make sure you catch any chance of early ovulation
Opk's are more reliable in the afternoon
Like campri said, the line must be as dark or darker than the control otherwise it's considered negative
I strongly suggest not testing after you get your first positive in a cycle, because if it stays positive or goes negative and comes back positive you will get a headache trying to figure out what has happened, because it's normal for lh levels to go haywire once the egg has released
Also if you don't now, you really should try charting your bbt. Its ALMOST fool proof when combined with opks
Fertility friend is great for this and the majority of us ttc do use this and can help you
Clear blue digi opks are the best way to go if youre sure you're ovulating, because instead of that damn confusing line you'll just get a smiley face to indicate a positive result. They will save you frustration. I use wondfos because they come in bulk with hpts for cheap, but if you have the means do get the clear blue! Hope we helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"