Can someone please help me with this?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my 1st time TTC. My LO was a very happy accident. It will b my 2nd child, & OHs 2nd child, but our 1st together :)

I need help with all this. My periods are so infrequent, how the heck do i go about charting etc??????

I feel so niave, at 24 years of age, not really knowing how my body works. All this ovulation talk & fertile periods etc, i just dont get it!

Then theres the abbreviations you all use... Im like say whaaaa? You all sound like pros so i hope you dont mind me jumping in & asking.

Thanks! Becky x

Sign up with fertility friend (free version is fine) and start charting your BBT.

Fertility friend also has some great tutorials that you can watch that will help you understand the whole charting business.

Hopefully someone else can go into more details...I'm mobile so it's a bit hard.

Hey! Just wanted to stop in and say good luck! I know it can all be so overwhelming once you actually want to get pregnant. I don't really chart since your supposed to take your bbt (basal body temperature) at about the same time every day when you wake up and I have a weird schedule so I can't help you too much there, but you really should go to fertilityfriend and watch their videos. They're super helpful and have free apps for your phone to help you track you cycles.

As far as abbreviations... here's what I can think of but you can always google TTC abbreviations.

-O: ovulation
-2WW: 2 Week Wait (after ovulation, waiting to test or get your period)
-AF: Aunt Flo/period/the witch
-BBT: Basal Body Temperature
-BD: Baby Dancing/sex
-BCP: Birth Control Pills
-BFP: Big Fat Positive
-BFN: Big Fat Negative
-CD: Cycle Day (cd1 is the 1st day of your period)
-CM: Cervical Mucus (some women use this to track their cycles, it changes throughout and is usually dry and sticky after AF then becomes creamy then finally watery and turns to EWCM (egg white cm) when your fertile)
-CP: Cervical Position
-DD/DS/DH: dear daughter/son/husband
-DPO: Days Post-ovulation
-FF: Fertility Friend
-FMU: First Morning Urine
-FRER: First Response Early Response pregnancy test
-FX: Fingers Crossed
-LH: Luteinizing Hormone detected by OPKs (ovulation predictor kits)
-LP: Luteal Phase.. basically the time after ovulation before your next AF
-POAS: Pee On a Stick/take a test
-SA: Semen Analysis

Hi. Look at a website called 'my beautiful cervix' and start learning about this could help you track your fretile times. I use Fertility Friend, but just as somewhere to record everything as my periods aren't that regular either. I track my cervix and my fluids and it's spot on. I have conceived 3 times out of 4 cycles, admittedly they have ended up as mcs but I'm catching my fertile time accurately each month. Good luck and enjoy this amazing learning curve! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->