Can someone please help? OPK!

Miwi

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me - I'm so disheartened! I'm on CD 15 with irregular cycles. I'm using OPKs and just started temping this morning.
I took an OPK at about 5pm yesterday, and had a very faint line, I've been getting faint lines for the last few days.
I took the top test on the picture at about 3pm today, without holding my urine for longer than an hour and after a fair bit of water. Obviously faint line, nothing to get excited about.
For some reason I decided to do another test at 5 - the middle test. This is the darkest line I've seen all cycle, though I know its not a positive.
So I take another test tonight, about half an hour ago after a 3 hour hold and only one cup of tea in that time, the line is barely visable, I'm sure the bottom test is lighter than the top one. I am disappointed as I thought it would be getting darker if I'm going to O? Is it possible I've missed my surge, and the top test is lighter than it should have been due to drinking so much water? :dohh: The one day I don't test in the morning haha. This is so confusing!
Please help! Thank you :flower:

Attachments

• strip.jpg
    strip.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 15
It's possible you missed it, but it's also possible you haven't ovulated yet and still will in a few days. From reading other posts on here it seems like people do get results like this sometimes. Not sure what kind of test you used, but if they are the inexpensive kind, you could always spring for some clearblue digital opks to double check...for whatever reason, they seem to be a bit more sensitive for some people.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. I guess I will just have wait and see, I've started temping so that should confirm if I do O. FX I get a good positive in the next couple of days. Once I get the hang of temping I think I'm going to stop doing OPKs, they're driving me crazy! The digital is a good idea though thanks! :)

Hey Miwi, I know we were talking in the other thread, but I wanted to tell you that the exact same thing happened to me today...weird! I took one this morning that was light, then this afternoon it was pretty darn dark, a lot like yours. Then this evening it was lighter. No clue what's going on but I know they say a negative is a negative no matter how light or dark it is so I'm thinking we just haven't ovulated yet. Hopefully it will happen soon though! I'm testing again tonight (thank god for internet cheapies!) and will continue to if it's negative. Wishing you the best of luck!

Hey Miwi, I know we were talking in the other thread, but I wanted to tell you that the exact same thing happened to me today...weird! I took one this morning that was light, then this afternoon it was pretty darn dark, a lot like yours. Then this evening it was lighter. No clue what's going on but I know they say a negative is a negative no matter how light or dark it is so I'm thinking we just haven't ovulated yet. Hopefully it will happen soon though! I'm testing again tonight (thank god for internet cheapies!) and will continue to if it's negative. Wishing you the best of luck!

Hi :) That's so strange! It's frustrating isn't it! I'm thinking we haven't ovulated yet too, wish it would hurry up. I got a line slightly darker than last nights test with my fmu this morning so I've had a cup of tea and I'm going to do another one in an hour or so - I swear I'd spend some money if I was doing the digital tests lol. Will let you know how I get on! Fx we both get a true positive soon :) I just want to be in my TWW already lol. :flower: Let me know what happens with your tests today! X

I just did an opk will fmu and it was definitely positive! Hope your positive comes today as well!!

I just did an opk will fmu and it was definitely positive! Hope your positive comes today as well!!

That's great! Happy BDing! Still no positive for me but I'm not giving up! :)

Thanks! I convinced my hubby to dtd before work today because otherwise we'd have to wait until tonight. Hoping we are going to get a good Christmas present!! I have got a good feeling you will get your positive soon!! Keep me updated :) we will prob still bd a few more days to be safe. Since I don't temp I won't be able to confirm the exact day of ovulation but I'm guessing it will be today or tomorrow.

I don't think u missed it especially if you have irregular cycles.....I regular 29-30 day cycle ...... And I get pos opks on ....CD16& ovulate CD18.....and I slowly fade in with opks...starting CD10....and I test in the am and pm .... 7:30 both times....as they get darker I test 3-4 times a day to make sure I get the beginning of the surge.....I might also add its not uncommon to have a very visible line one minute and nothing the next. Just keep trying. Good luck.

Thanks that's good to know, I'm getting frustrated with these OPKs lol. Still no positive I'm not going to test again tonight, I get my hopes up every time. Once I have a good track of my temps I'm going to stop using them I think. I'm hoping I will get my positive OPK soon - I'm starting to worry I won't get one at all.

Good luck :) I'll be keeping a look out for your BFP :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"