Can someone please help ?

calm

Reaction score
I have a 28 day cycle, and on day 28 I noticed blood when I wiped. I put a pad on and thought that obviously it wasn't my month. However, I have spent the last 4 days with what I thought was a period,but never seems to start... Most of the time when I wipe there is blood, but there is never any in my pad, or hardly any. Its like my period wants to start, and doesn't or can't. On day CD 2 I had a strong back pain, a pain round my belly button, and the classical headache I get when my period is going to start... but on CD3 nothing, the same silly wiping blood with no flow. My boobs are killing me. I can't believe at this point in the game its pregnancy, I wouldn't be bleeding for what is the 4th day would I? But why don't I get my period properly? Its CD 4 now, and its just the same, I feel worried, like my period is trapped and can't flow and it might be doing me some harm. I have made an appointment for the doctors but its not til Wednesday... I was going to test this morning just in case, but when I saw blood in the cup I just threw it down the toilet and didn't bother. Any help? Thank you, I am getting worried :(

Deep breath. Firstly you don't count cd1 until you have red flow, not spotting.

There is a very good chance you are pregnant. What do you mean by there was blood in the cup? Have you stopped BC recently?

If you are not pregnant you are probably just having a few days of spotting before AF arrives properly. This is not a problem and wont cause you any harm.

If I as you I'd take a test. Use a good quality test and either use FMU or limit fluids and try to hold urine for 4 hours then take a test.

Good luck.

Thank you for replying! The last time I took BC was 8 years ago, so its not that.

I have had brown spotting before period before, but it reflects in my pad, and is brown. This is red, only when I wipe, and its certainly blood, just doesn't get to my pad. When I peed this morning, it was red, I did it in a cup thinking to test, but then as it was red I flushed it down the toilet without testing. Maybe it is a normal start to a period but I haven't had this before (maybe i have had something similar, but for 2 days, not 4, and more brown than red). Would love to think its because of pregnancy, but it doesn't feel this way really. I just don't want to be broken if you know what I mean :(

You're not broken. Sometimes I'll bodies just like to mix things up a little.

I would test. It's the only way you'll know. Even if it's red when you wipe I wouldn't count it as CD1. Still classed as spotting, it's not cd1 until there is a flow.

Was your urine red or did some AF blood get in there too? Do you have any pain urinating? You could have a UTI?

It could very well be implantation bleeding. It is pretty common to have spotting around AF time with a BFP.

Fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you again! Its great to feel not alone on this! I don't have pain when peeing, its just AF getting in there, it doesn't always happen, the blood is sometimes not there and others is IYNWIM. I will update. XXXX

Oh, the bleeding started on what would have been 12dpo, today i am 15 dpo then.

it could be implanation bleeding possibly. i say take a test :) i had it with both my pregnancies x

I will tomorrow, with FMU (if not having AF)

hi i thought for a whole week that my period was coming and i spotted some light blood but heavy period never actually came (i had light cramps aswell) turned out i was pregnant

I had this when I thought af was due fxd you get a BFP this I how I was then a week later u tested and got a BFP xx

Thanks all of you, its so much appreciated. To be honest, I find it hard to believe it could have such a happy ending, its like we are talking about another person, not me, or something that happens to other people. Its like even now I don't fully believe its anything to do with me. I just keep looking waiting to see my pad full of blood instead of white, then I wipe and see blood and get depressed again, but then it never reaches my pad! Its like I want it to start, because I keep thinking there is something really wrong. Or I want it to start because it not starting is just getting my hopes up. I told DH and he said "You must be pregnant then, go to the doctors", and I was just shaking my head, refusing to acknowledge even the possibility.

Anyway, the situation is the same at the moment. The only other thing that might have happened, not sure if I got the metallic taste thing in my mouth. i was sitting drinking, and I got this awful taste in my mouth, I thought I must have touched something by mistake and put it in my mouth, so I went running to the bathroom and scrubbed my teeth. I love this to mean something and not be more coincidences

Thanks all of you, its so much appreciated. To be honest, I find it hard to believe it could have such a happy ending, its like we are talking about another person, not me, or something that happens to other people. Its like even now I don't fully believe its anything to do with me. I just keep looking waiting to see my pad full of blood instead of white, then I wipe and see blood and get depressed again, but then it never reaches my pad! Its like I want it to start, because I keep thinking there is something really wrong. Or I want it to start because it not starting is just getting my hopes up. I told DH and he said "You must be pregnant then, go to the doctors", and I was just shaking my head, refusing to acknowledge even the possibility.

Anyway, the situation is the same at the moment. The only other thing that might have happened, not sure if I got the metallic taste thing in my mouth. i was sitting drinking, and I got this awful taste in my mouth, I thought I must have touched something by mistake and put it in my mouth, so I went running to the bathroom and scrubbed my teeth. I love this to mean something and not be more coincidences

All sounds promising. Fingers crossed.

ahhhhh thats exactly how i felt. it was only our second month of trying so its still hard to believe. every day for over a week i was like no my period is coming but it never came. but then i got a bit of brown discharge and thought oooooh how cruel my period has decided to come a week late which is NEVER does. woke up every morning to nothing!! so please just try to believe it, im still struggling to believe it because its something i wanted sooo bad. so good luck xxx

Thank you girls! I am not sure what spotting is or isn't, but I do know its red, sometimes more present than others, hardly ever in my pad. Its never happened before, but, on the other hand mind and body do strange things, and in my book: TTC in a novelty and strange. I suppose I expect something to happen tomorrow, either way, or the bleeding to stop, or more likely AF to come in one gush. Wish I felt more optimistic, I do sometimes, and then others like now, I don't. Either way, whatever is is, so lets see. Thanks again everyone, it means a lot to me XXXX

I am not sure what to think. There is a line, a distant line. I wasn't really expecting that, as I am still bleeding, still not in my pad, but bleeding. Its not only blood, I sometimes have clots. I feel really shit as well, sore boob (especially left one) dodgy stomach and at this moment I feel faint and my ears are ringing (Hope I dont pass out, on the sofa now scared to move, think i might faint, happened to me in night too, rang my mum and she is on hand to ring MIL in case I feel myself going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->