can someone please walk me through this, impending mc and just started bleeding

dsbeH

Reaction score
Hi, i was told last week that my baby had stopped growing but bc i was still on progesterone so didnt start the bleeding yet, but stopped taking it today and now bleeding. no pains yet, but dont know what to do or expect. when does the terrible pain start? anything i can do to prevent it, taking a pain killer etc?

It is hard to be able to predict when you will start hurting. Once it does start you will know - I took regular over the counter Tylenol for the cramping once I felt it starting to come on. I took 2 every 4 hours.

I had a blighted ovum and it stopped growing around 5w2d - I should have been over 7 weeks when I went for my scan and found out - however, my body didn't realize that it wasn't a viable pregnancy. It really wasn't all that bad. I did have to take medicine to help my body miscarry.

I am so sorry.

does it really feel like labor pains?

I have never been in labor to know but I did have some pretty intense pains that lasted like a half hour or so.

Hi hun, from what I've heard the pain is different for everyone. I miscarried naturally on Saturday, and the worst of my pain lasted about 2 hours. Over the counter painkillers did nothing for me, I would see if anyone you know has some prescription painkillers you could take. And make sure you have someone with you, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through and I don't know how I'd have coped without hubby there.
Try to stay as relaxed as you can and use hot water bottles and hot baths to try and ease the cramps. Hope its over soon for you xx

The worst of my pain lasted about 5 hours, but I still had pretty bad cramping for about 2 days. When I asked my doctor about pain meds he prescribed Lortab for me. It didn't completely take away the pain but helped quite a bit, and also made me sleepy and a little less emotionally present, which I think was helpful.

I had contractions with mine, it was not pleasant.. Take advil or tylenol.. Or both. They can both be used at the same time. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.. Its scary, and it feels impossible, but you really can do it.

I found that my pain lasted about 8 hours..... a heating pad....that thing saved my life! It helped so much! And a book, that may sound weird but I tried to read through the pain, even when the pain wa so intense that I could only read the same word over and over again until it dulled a little, reading and a heating pad. I strongly suggest it.

thanks everyone. hope its almost over.

well i must of lost the baby at 7 weeks so how bad would it hurt but going to miscarriage at 11 weeks with the thing inside never alive.. since... no heart beats..s ooo yeahh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->