Can someone talk me through.....

Alyandherbump

Aly, Adam and baby Lila x
Reaction score
Ook so id really like to hear what its like going into labour from the beginning, i think it would be good to hear it from someone whos really been through it. I get the rose tinted stories from my parents and their freinds, but i think its about time i learnt what to expect...really, not the whole 'its not that bad' story. I dont want to be reassured i want the bad news so i know what to expect!!!
I hope that makes sense!!!:muaha:

I think its hard to say really as each labour is totally different

I can't really help hun, as I was induced last time...so I don't know what a 'natural' start to labor is like.

The one thing I would say is that once contractions have started, if you think something like "I'll ask for pain relief in another half hour"....don't wait....ask for it as soon as you think you'll need it. I made that mistake....asked for some, and ended up waiting another HOUR for an anesthatist (sp?) as they were giving me diamorphine. By the time I got it, it didn't really help as the pain had got sooooo bad.....

xx

Some people have great labours. 6cm before they even really need gas and the baby just slips outta them, some people do have hard labours. There are a number of possibilities of things that could happen. What labour will be like for you depends on things like your pain threshold, what pain relief you opt for (Loved the epidural I have to say, after it I was singing along to the radio! :rofl: ) how long it goes on for etc.

But one thing I will say (and Im sure you've heard this too...LOTS) once you have that baby, here, and its a real living person, completely reliant on you..... you will feel something that is unlike anything else. I havent yet forgotten the bad pains (which didnt last that long for me) but it's more of a 'who the hell cares...look what I've got' type feeling towards any pain labour involved. and THAT feeling is the same for almost everybody.

I'll remember that!! Thanks. Im a complete wuss so im gonna take everything they offer!!

see all labours r diff , i was very young when i had my first (13) and was in labour 4 about 3 days and i handled it really well , , then 7yrs later i had my second and omg it bloody killed , he was 10 days late and very painfull then my 3rd was so easy my whole labour lasted 20mins with him , so this time im hopeing it will be even faster lol .. but dont worry u will no when its time

I think all the ladies who responded said it best. Everyone has a different experience. I personally have an excellent threshold for pain but when it came to giving birth, I panicked and lost complete control of all my emotions. I always describe labor contractions similar to the horrible ache you get when your body needs to take a wicked crap. Times 1000. The actual delivery was a piece of cake. It was the labor that was toughest for me. I wish you the best when your time comes and remember that deep down, we are all strong warrior Goddesses!

As the others have said, everyone is different. I cant imagine any 2 labours are the same. I didnt go into labour on my own with my first - I had to be induced - and this time might be totally different (hopefully!!!).
x

I think its the whole 'going into labour' bit that scares me, like when and where it happens, and if im alone ill just panic!!

To me labour pains felt like somebody repeatedly stabbing you in the gut with a stake knife, & somebody tearing your back muscles in half at the same time..
It's painful as hell, but in all honesty it's not AS BAD as some people make it sound!

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-announcements-birth-stories/

birth stories :D

Its hard to tell I think for some people... We get so many pains and feelings, and we read books and things that get us worried about what the pains could be lol... And then you never really are sure what is going on or if your going into real labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->