can someone tell me about..............

Kate83

Boy (6) Girl (3) Girl (1)
Reaction score
piles. I dont have them and didnt get them in my previous two pregnancies either but i was wondering am i more likely to get them this time round? Is it an age thing? what cuases them? Id like to avoid them obviously, is there anything i can do to stop getting them? Is that enough questions? Shall i ask some more?:haha:

Language barrier hit me for a minute, I had to google what you were talking about! It's not an age related thing, it's more hereditary and very common in pregnancy. what it actually is, is blood vessels that swell and protrude from the rectum. they are often caused by straining during a bowel movement, likely the result of constipation. the best way to avoid it is by eating foods rich in fiber, and drinking plenty of fluids. here's a great site that explains it

https://www.babypartner.com/guides/health-and-fitness/common-complaints/hemorrhoids.php

yep ashley said it right.. fluids plenty of them!! I drink lots and lots of water to prevent anything like this happening!!! Cant imagine speaking to the doc about this issue

They hurt really really bad. You don't want them trust me!! Avoid constipation by eating lots of foods rich in fiber and lots and lots of water.

They suck. Drink as much water as you possibly can, eat lots and lots of fiber, fruits, and vegetables. I'm not half as worried about a baby coming out of my vajayjay as I am about having the doctor stick his hand in my behind again. (TMI, I know, so EAT YOUR VEGGIES and DRINK WATER)

Ive had them at various times throughout this pregnancy due to constipation. But thankfully for me i barely noticed them and it never became an issue. Like everyone else says, plenty of fluids and if you do get them, get some cream from your doctor.

From what i understand if you're mother had them when she was pregnant you are likely to develop them as well. But I agree with the other ladies, fiber fiber fiber and fluids fluids fluids. A smoothie with a fiber boost really works!

I never got them during pregnancy, but I got a nasty one during labour! I was pushing for over an hour, so wasn't too surprised. It hurt, but that whole area hurt thanks to an episotomy and a bunch of stitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->