Can Stress bring on Labour?

I was stressed for 90% of pregnancy with amber, no affect on her, no early labour.

I was under alot of stress during my pregnancy and loads the night before my waters broke at 36 weeks!

Jacob seems fine though x

Not too sure, I was super stressed and scared (so young with my first) and he came bang on time and was fine. I think if you have high blood pressure before hand than stress might not be terribly good for bubs. I do find when I get upset or real stressed this pregnancy I start getting cramps more though :S

I find that if im really stressed or upset it makes me feel awful, as in really warm, sicky and headache feeling like theres loads of pressure building up in my head...had this yesterday but LO is fine and still snug as a bug in there kicking away though i did notice he/she was way quieter when i was stressed out! ....hope your ok!!Don't know if it can bring on early labour or not! xx

i think the only time stress can affect baby is if it makes ur blood pressure high? im really stressed most of the time and get alot of random panic attacks but hes seems fine so far and is measurein right so i doubt it does much :) they r totally oblivious in there the little monkeys :) xx

yeah she went really quiet when i was really upset, was like crying hysterically and screaming and didnt feel anything, gonna go have a long hot shower and a cup of rasberry leaf tea. :)

I may be making this up but I'm sure you've mentioned that before? That she goes quiet when you're upset?

Anyway, I'm pretty stressed atm with a house move, baby due and lots to organise at pretty much the same time. She seems OK, all was well at the mw appt yesterday. I will say though, she seems to go quiet when I'm talking... maybe she's listening? Your LO could be doing the same? Nosy things.

think bubs can sense somethings not right, not sure how, but the couple of times i've been really stressed/crying alot bubs actually became more active than usual, really kicking me as if to say 'hey calm down mum!' just keep an eye on your blood pressure x

I dont remember if she has gone quiet before when ive been upset, Just dont want her to come out all nervous and stressed : /
People say ill be stressing her out when i am stressed so it stressed me even more, Shes still really quiet.

Well, when they say that a baby is in distress is doesn't mean that she's panicking or upset. It means stress to the nervous system, which isn't an emotional thing, it just means they're showing physical responses to physically stressful situations which is a good thing really.

Anyway, fetal distress being caused by you being upset is unheard of. We're all entitled to throw a wobbler now and then and people deal with hideous grief and such through their pregnancies and nothing happens to the baby. So long as you feel physically well, your baby will be well.

I've had a fair few quiet days myself recently. She seems busy one day and then rests more the next. Hot sugary drinks might help and lying on your back sometimes helps you see movements that you don't actually feel. Give it an hour, then call in and see.

I'm sure it's all unrelated though.

Hey, my midwife says that they do quieten down when you've been really upset! I had a massive row with hubby a couple of months ago and had to go in the next day as didn't feel any movements for hours but she was okay! x x

i was told by the consultant it can affect it in very very early pregnacey but not later on it can just make the baby quiet! x

It did for me honey. :( It was the only reason that could be found that i went into labour.

well ive had a long hot shower (theyre more relaxing to me than baths-i hate baths) And tidied and cleaned up a bit (cant help it the nesting is kicking in badly!) and now sitting with a glass of cold water and also a rasberry leaf tea and shes moving around more,
Hate it when u get so upset like that, my stomach muscles were hurting aswell so i was like crapbags will she know / feel the stress.

ugh, life!

aww glad shes moving more! do u use rescue remedey wen you get upaet thats great for calming nerves i use it for panic attacks and fine for baby as its all natural! x

I used to when i was a teen and had really bad panic attacks, but ive not been so stressed since then till now or since i got pregnant so ive not had any, maybe ill get some actually might be a help if i panic in labour, at least it might calm me to know i have some there.

Everyone says you need to be relaxed to go into labour and if you keep working yourself up about wanting it to come early then it wont!

Having said that stress is no good for anyone so i would try not to get too stressed about whatever is bothering you, easier said than done I know!

oh i wasnt stressed because i want her to come early! It was just family stuff,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->